Always Hungry!!!!

I am not supposed to eat more than 1200 calories a day. And I work out on my gazelle twice a day for 20-30 minutes each. I don't understand the "eat the calories you burned" because then...what's the point in burning? anyway, forever looking for food but I think it's because I am missing everything I gave up...apple pie every day, candy, chocolates, bran muffins, popcorn twists, cheezies, etc. also gave up rice, potatoes and pasta. ugh. I'm starving.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    You're supposed to lose weight by eating less. You're not supposed to starve while losing weight. You set weightloss rate yourself, and if it's too fast for your current fat stores to sustain, MFP just defaults at 1200. 1% of your body weight per week is often regarded as a maximum recommendation. You don't have to give up anything.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    1200 calories already includes your deficit, so exercise gives you even more deficit. Not eating those extra calories will not allow you get proper nutrition.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    edited February 2018
    I'm starving on 1200 too. Choose a more conservative rate of loss and voilà! More calories to eat.

You don't have to give up rice, potatoes, chocolate, etc. You just need to work them into your daily calorie allowance in appropriate amounts. Those exercise calories come in handy there :wink: