Trying to make a change

Options
I have alot of weight to lose....ugh I cannot find seem to find the motivation to get started. I guess I'm just defeated from struggling with so much of a weight gain after having my son 4 years ago.i lose some and gain some etc back and forth. I'm not trying to get pity just trying to figure out how to make this a life style change I can't seem to get it right hah

Replies

• janelleginnetto
    janelleginnetto Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    The best thing to do is track the calories you currently eat and then cut back a little each week until you are in line with what MFP sets for you. It's very hard to find the motivation, but being healthy for your son is very important. You are his role model so starting a good diet young will help him in the future. Maybe go for a walk 3 times a week to start and work up from there. The important thing is to not try and do too much at one time because than thay becomes overwhelming and may cause you to give up.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    What if you stopped looking for motivation? Motivation has become a buzzword and a hindrance, in my opinion. A goal like losing weight is also difficult, because your weight is not directly under your control. But your behavior is directly under your control. To lose weight, you have to eat less and move more. Everybody wants to lose weight. But everybody doesn't want to eat less and move more. If you are willing, you'll find ways to make it happen. If you're not, excuses are easy to find.