HealthyWage

Options
Misskcm
Misskcm Posts: 143 Member
Has anyone done Healthywage successfully? Did you get your prize money hassle free?
Me and a couple friends want to do it, but I don’t want to invest $600 in something that is a scam... or that is just trying to take your money.

Replies

• W8WarI
    W8WarI Posts: 567 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    How about just doing it among yourselves, without a company getting a cut of the money?
  • Misskcm
    Misskcm Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    W8WarI wrote: »
    How about just doing it among yourselves, without a company getting a cut of the money?

If I reach my goal I get back more than I put in. I’d get a check for almost 3 times more than I put in.
  • W8WarI
    W8WarI Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Misskcm wrote: »
    W8WarI wrote: »

If I reach my goal I get back more than I put in. I’d get a check for almost 3 times more than I put in.

However if you don't you'll lose all of it, whether it's a scam or not! At least doing this without a middleman, allows you & your friends, the ability to decide how the prize'll be used! Such as putting it towards a day trip, that the winner decides where to go/what to do!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    That's a pretty high outlay, what about DietBet instead? I know a few of my friends on MFP use them and received payouts fine, they start as low as $25, there are higher ones too, but you could start out small in one of the month ones and see how it goes before committing a higher sum of money.
  • Rosemary7391
    Rosemary7391 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    That sort of thing can only work if most people fail. Not especially encouraging. It is also presumably over a very long time period - so you can always catch up "tomorrow". Until tomorrow is the day you lose!

I use beeminder, which admittedly doesn't have the carrot of winning, but does encourage you to make consistent progress on the pain of losing some amount of money (the amount increases each time you go off track, the idea being you'll eventually find that motivating enough to stick to it). The founders actually suggest beeminding something else instead/as well though - something easier to fix in a day, so as we're here it could be tracking days you meet your calorie goal. Commit to the process instead of the goal, basically. That also works for maintenance afterwards :)