Looking for Suggestions

Options
I have been low carb(as close to Keto as possible) since January. However I’m starting to think it’s not working this go round.

Background last time I did this I followed low carb (under 100g if carbs daily) and walked most days. Fast forward 2.5 years and add in an energetic toddler. I normally lose slow and steady due to no thyroid, pcos, and
Insulin resistant. This time around I am weight roller coaster with little success with only one week of some bad choices.

I’m trying to see if I stay low carb or possible shake things up and try a new approach.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Are you tracking calories as well?

You can eat low carb if that suits you, but you need to in a calorie deficit to lose weight.
  • creay2012
    creay2012 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yes log everything even when I eat something high in carbs. I usually finish the day around 1100-1200 total calories
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    What is "little success"? What is your average weekly loss?
  • creay2012
    creay2012 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Jan I lost 5lbs (which is good) then feb I had a few (2-3) bad meals now I’m up almost all 5 lbs.
  • balvis3919
    balvis3919 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I find I go through the same sometimes. Those few bad meals can stick around for weeks I swear. Just keep going. Get a bit more strict if u need to. Instead of 100carbs try 80 or even lower if u can get there. And make sure u r getting ur fats and proteins in to get ur macros. I eat keto so mine e different but with my 1300cal I get up to 90-100fat, 60-90protein and up to 40carbs but that's total carbs not net. It's always harder the more u have to get back on it.