Think I’m pissing everyone off?...

Options
So since January I’ve decided to go back to the gym and get fit!
But I think I’m getting obsessed and I wanna talk about gym and fitness and food all the time! Only to keep me motivated and because I’m loving it at the moment... but all my friends and my boyfriend especially hate me right now because they’re getting sick of it hahaha.
I can see where they’re coming from, but I need friends so I can have these discussions with!
Just wondering if anyone else is annoying people with this aswell?... ha!

Replies

• h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    yup ... I talk about food, calories, gym and cycling and nothing else ... My family now avoid me !
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I found myself doing similar and tried to tone it down and use MFP for my fitness socializing. My husband still sometimes gets annoyed, but he can't really get away from it.

Pretty much this^
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Yeah I don't anymore. My husband lost all his weight and doesn't need me anymore. lol I have some running friends but that is what we do is run together and that's it.

I hang out here, my favorite subject is food, oh and lifting I do that too. Plenty of that to talk about here!
  • W8WarI
    W8WarI Posts: 567 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I am uncertain if considering this as an obsession's entirely accurate, due to it's effect upon nearly every facet of our lives!

I'd equally find the opposite via those whom're unhealthy, consistently complaining concerning the consequences of their lifestyle & how they're going to intentionally make it worse, by over consuming something that they're constantly craving!
  • stevenchandler4117
    Options
    I just joined this website, so talking to people with the same goals will be key to my success. Lot's of pressure to sway from my goals, so keep the positive energy coming. It helps a lot.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    It's a common stage, lol, and actually helpful. The enthusiasm means it is topmost on your mind. And therefore you are taking it more seriously. As it becomes habit (and a bit more boring) your conversation will naturally move into other subjects.
  • l4ur4j4d4
    l4ur4j4d4 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses everyone!
    I guess a part of me hoping they’ll jump on the bandwagon and join me in the gym as right now I’m going on my own! Perhaps I’ll meet new friends.... lol
    But yeah these forums are definitely helping me!