To full to fit in my calories before bedtime

Options
Any suggestions? Already at 1400 calories with 1300 to go, I stop eating at 6pm so I can get to bed by 9pm! Can only sleep on an empty stomach!! On an extremely high carb low fat diet! Have been having trouble getting in those calories!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,019 Member
    Options
    :wink:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,019 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    Up the fats and eat peanut butter.

NO. Not da fats...

Slossia, just go to bed and leave the calories. Plan to eat more tomorrow. Or there's always cereal.

But... but.... fats are so tasty!

Yebbut, have you followed his posts!!!!!!!!!
  • slossia
    slossia Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I would but rice wheat beans are so filling!! Don’t like fruit that much, at 65 only need to consume 1/2 gram of protein per body weight since I don’t work out! I’m Vegan! For ethical reasons!! Allergic to nuts so that’s not an option!! Are their any carbs out their not so filling!!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    slossia wrote: »
    I would but rice wheat beans are so filling!! Don’t like fruit that much, at 65 only need to consume 1/2 gram of protein per body weight since I don’t work out! I’m Vegan! For ethical reasons!! Allergic to nuts so that’s not an option!! Are their any carbs out their not so filling!!

Dried fruit, pasta, noodles, bagels, white bread, syrups, jams, candy, cereals, juice
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Potatoes?

Real talk, falafel fried in oil, or vegetable tempura (in oil). Add extra oils to your salads.
  • slossia
    Options
    Thanks for the input!! I don’t know why I forgot about the dried fruit!! I used to eat dates!!! That’s what’s missing!! Thanks again
  • need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Up the fats and eat peanut butter.

NO. Not da fats...

Slossia, just go to bed and leave the calories. Plan to eat more tomorrow. Or there's always cereal. I can easily eat 1000 cals of cereal and milk. Or how about a box of Skittles?

I eat half a box of cereal at a time so I agree with you on that one. Cereal is the best!!!
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Bread. Yummy, yummy bread.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    slossia wrote: »
    I think I’ll add sone protein shakes to my diet to get the protein up!! Good idea!! I don’t know why I’m not thinking of these things!! Must be getting old!!

With an open mind, you will be surprised arc what you can learn from the posters on this forum, and the information/research they will share. Lots of very knowledgable, well read folks at your fingertips.

I got into the sarcopenia thing by following a posted link about protein (I too thought 'old, don't need as much') that made a passing mention of it. That led to a few days of following different links at the bottom of the original paper.

Cheers, h.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    @slossia if you do decide to add a shake or two, PlantFusion Lean is by far the best vegan protein powder I’ve tried. Specifically the vanilla. And I’ve tried a lot. I add in a few cups of spinach to sneak in some veggies and mix with almond milk. The Vega peanut butter chocolate bars are also delicious.
  • slossia
    Options
    Thanks for the tip! Everyone has been so helpful
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    If its a one off you can have them tomorrow...