How often do you weight yourself?

Options
I'm struggling with how often I should weight myself. I think I'd go insane doing it daily. I usually do it weekly, but being a woman that fluctuates a lot because of my period. But also, monthly is waaaay too big of a gap to wait. How about yourself? How often do you weight yourself?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and track it in a trend app. It allows me to see past the fluctuations to make sure the overall trend is down.
  • DevilsFan1
    DevilsFan1 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I weight myself daily and average the total at the end of the week.
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I try to weigh myself weekly but I tend to crack and weigh every 5 days. I like doing that.
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Every other day or so. Lol
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Every day. The cold trek to the bathroom in my birthday suit to weigh in wakes me up. I don't log it, however unless there's been a big change up or down. (In maintenance)
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Every day. After 2-1/2 years of this, I’m way past the emotions of it. It’s just data. If I’m up for 3+ days running, I dial back the calories a little
  • bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Every day for me too.
    It's taught me the ebb and flow of my body - I don't freak out any more when I lose 3.5 lbs after a long walk and gain it all back by bedtime.
    I actually find it pretty interesting.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,045 Member
    Options
    Every day. It took the emotion out of it once I started doing it as part of my routine and saw that things go up and down often with no real reason.

When I used to weigh once a week it was too easy to forget, too. It's just a data point, like @nowine4me said.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options
    Once a week
  • r3488
    r3488 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Daily and track it on a trend website. It's fun on those days when scale weight goes up while the trend weight goes down at the same time.
  • ITUSGirl51
    ITUSGirl51 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I was doing it once a week at our gym at work, fully clothed but before eating or drinking. I was too emotional about it to have a scale at home.

I finally broke down and bought a scale for home. It’s downstairs away from easy access in the morning, so it’s too inconvenient to weigh every day. So I weigh once or twice a week on a morning I don’t feel like I have a lot of water weight. I can tell if I’m retaining water if my rings are tight.
  • FlyingMolly
    FlyingMolly Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Daily, and sometimes I step on again later in the day just out of curiosity. I only update MFP if I’ve lost, so sometimes I go two weeks weighing every day and not “counting” it, then over the next few days I’ll suddenly lose a couple of pounds. As long as I get to enter losses sometimes I know I’m moving in the right direction, no matter what the scale says on any particular day.
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I was doing it everyday but found myself obsessing over it, now it's about once a week.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Daily. The more data points, the quicker you spot a trend up, down or even. One number doesn't mean much to me over the course of 30 in a month. But I don't bother looking at a graph of a week, only month and longer timeframe.
  • ltomanek
    ltomanek Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Not daily, but a lot. I have learned how what I eat and/or activity level impact my daily weight. So I have this weird thing that I check every once in a while.
    If I go to bed and weight around 1.5-2 pounds heavier than when I woke up, then I will maintain. But for cutting, then I only want to be a max of 1.5 pounds heavier unless I'm doing a bunch of cardio and therefore also increasing my water.

It's super random, no science behind it at all. But it's worked for me and keeps me from being a slave to the scale or feeling like I'm always hungry.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    daily using trendweight and happyscale for monitoring. my scale syncs to mfp, but the mfp graph is all over the place and i just ignore it usually.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Whenever I feel like it, but I only "officially" weigh myself for the record once a week.
  • kpendleton19
    kpendleton19 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Daily and track it on a spreadsheet which calculate mt trends.
  • DJtobias13
    DJtobias13 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Daily, but I don't put much weight in the #'s :D I use weekly measurements and a fat caliper as the real gauge of how my routine is going. The scale fluctuates too much, but it gives me an idea of how I did nutritionally... maybe I didn't hydrate enough, maybe too much sodium, processed carbs, etc.