Lydia's Guide to Everything

Options
2»

Replies

• ltomanek
    ltomanek Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Back into MAPS Aesthetic I went.
    I had goals. I finally after about 4 years, decided to add poultry back into my diet. This allowed me to really start focusing on protein. I still am only hitting 60-90 grams most days....work in progress. But the fact that I'm even getting that is a big step up from my 30-60 range before.

I weighted myself every day in January. So far in February I have really weighed myself. My weight fluctuates way too much with my cycle. For example, just because of my cycle, I gain 3-5 lbs of weight 2x a month. The same thing happens with certain foods, like rice and other grains. All this up and down just makes me stressed out watching the scale. So taking a break from weighing and then going to just count calories and try to focus more on lifting and protein. Once it gets a little warmer in North Texas, I plan to add in running and swimming. That will likely be more like March and April.

Right now, my biggest struggle is just moving. NEAT movement. When I get cold (which is often) I just don't move. I sit in bed or at my computer for work with a hot cup of tea. So my lifting is really all I am doing. Hence also why I'm not seeing any overall weight loss. I see strength gains, but my weight has been somewhat stuck. I just need that hot Texas sun to warm me up and get me moving!
  • ltomanek
    ltomanek Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    SEPTEMBER 2021.
    Anyone else get covid this year? Between trying to travel in the US and get some hiking in, I guess it was statically fate. I only got a mild case thankfully, I cannot imagine what it must be like for others.
    Fitness and health wise, between family time, travel, covid, and a crazy work schedule, this year has been more about maintaining. And how everything lined up, I ended up taking a month off of regular workouts. Just now feeling like I am getting strength back fully.

I decided I want to try to just continue to maintain for the majority of the rest of 2021. So no rigorous training program, or strick eating. I just want to enjoy right now. And if that means eating cookies for breakfast and cake for dinner, so be it. I'll workout and walk and eat salads and veggies when I feel like it.
  • Rouleur67
    Rouleur67 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yep - COVID got into our house a month IR so ago. All mild cases thanks to vaccination but the fatigue is only now stopping being an issue.

Like yourself - just nice to enjoy life. It gives you a refreshed perspective.