Borlotti Bean and Avocado Salad

Options
eminater
eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
edited February 2018 in Recipes
3b08noblwnop.jpeg

This dish has a whopping 20g protein per serve, 25% daily iron requirements and is high in fibre, potassium and Vitamin C. It is very filling, and super delicious.

Ingredients:
1 can of borlotti beans*
1.5 ripe avocados
12 cherry tomatoes (100 - 150g)
Iodized salt - sprinkle onto the avocado
1 spring onion finely sliced
1 tablespoon fresh basil
1 tablespoon fresh celery leaves
½ - 1 tsp crushed garlic

Method:
Drain and rinse the beans and place into a medium mixing dish. Cube the avocado on a chopping board and sprinkle with Iodized sea salt. Place the avocado into the beans - you can gently mix through, or not. Cut the cherry tomatoes into at least quarters - but eights are better. Add to the mixing bowl and gently fold the ingredients. Finely slice one spring onion including a lot of the green stalk. Chop up a few celery leaves and a generous tablespoons of fresh basil. Fold the leaves through the beans and avo salad. Add ½ to 1 tsp of crushed garlic and fold well through.

Serves 2 as a meal (lunch for example) - pictured above, or 4 as a side serving - pictured below.

You can replace the Borlotti beans with Lima Beans, White Beans, Cannellini Beans, Butter Beans ... etc.

I hope you enjoy this is much as I do.

4p399vpc9ibi.jpeg

Replies

• Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Nice side dish and thank you for sharing.
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,760 Member
    Options
    Ooh that looks and sounds great! I have made something similar except with cannellini beans instead and with white balsamic vinegar added, which I've eaten for lunch a lot lately.