BEST TASTE+QUALITY VEGAN PROTEIN SHAKES?

Options
I JUST BOUGHT ORGAIN CHOCOLATE FUDGE, SOO GOOD! EVEN IN JUST WATER!

BUT AM ALSO LOOKING FOR MORE OF MEAL REPLACEMENT SHAKES , TO TAKE ON THE GO (IM ALWAYS SNACKING SO I WANNA REPLACE SOME SNACKS WITH MEAL SHAKES)

i ordered Vega one in vanilla and berry,
any other delicious meal shakes that are complete protein, and taste great in just water?

Replies

• melissalatzel25
    melissalatzel25 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    anyone?
  • Jrodasff
    Jrodasff Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Sorry. I think most protein shakes have some sort of dairy in them. At least the ones I drink
  • ann_kristen
    ann_kristen Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I always mix almond milk in my vegan protein power so not sure if they taste good with water! Currently I'm drinking optimum nutrition plant based protein and it's pretty good. I do like Vega vanilla and orgain chocolate.
  • CarlsbergLewis
    CarlsbergLewis Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Pni supplements plant protein advanced.. You will not find a better tasting vegan protein
  • kaaaaarenn
    kaaaaarenn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try the "Aloha" brand in vanilla flavor (found at target), it tastes great with almond milk and has absolutely no protein after taste. Pescience also has really good vegan protein blends on their website if you're looking for something with lower carbs and higher protein.
  • szkasha
    szkasha Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    The orgain one is def my favorite. For a meal replacement, you could probably use soymilk and maybe make a smoothie?
  • Hopeyg57
    Hopeyg57 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Orgain from Costco !
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Orgain is the best for protein. For meal replacers, I use vega, but it's certainly not amazing testing (some people hate it, I don't but I don't think it's amazing either).
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Why dont you just add in some fruit, nut butter, chia seeds, milk etc to make it a smoothie since you already have a good tasting protein powder, you can easily take that on the go and it will be way more nutritious than any meal replacement shake
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    PlantFusion Lean Vanilla m. It’s the bomb.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    vega protein and greens + banana
  • fatvegan88
    fatvegan88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Iron Vegan is the only protein powder I drink. I find all other ones to be chalky and weird.
  • MonaRaeHill
    MonaRaeHill Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I use the Organic Sprouted Pumpkin Seed one from Simple, the Organic Vanilla Lacuma one from Epic, and Amazing Grass, which you can buy on sale for 50% off, 2 times a year. I stock up when I see them go on sale! Not sure how they'd be in water, but you can buy organic coconut water powder, now, for a flavor boost! Half of my shake is often flavored coconut water. :smiley:
  • MonaRaeHill
    MonaRaeHill Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Organic Flax milk is a handy milk replacement, for the creamy taste. :)
  • kateamarlow
    kateamarlow Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! I totally get the struggle -- there are lots of vegan protein powders out there and some of them are GROSS. I actually REALLY hate the Vega powders. Way too sweet for me.

Minimalist Baker did a great review of different protein powders awhile back. Because of her advice I'm really enjoying Garden of Life.

Here's the review: https://minimalistbaker.com/vegan-vanilla-protein-powder-review/
  • lizzynose
    lizzynose Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've been looking into this recently too, I usually use myprotein vegan blend in smooth chocolate but I've been trying some meal replacement shakes from purition, their vegan strawberry is beautiful. I'm going to try the new slim fast vitality vegan chocolate mint next week and want to try huel as well!
  • melainemelaine
    melainemelaine Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Huel is vegan and tastes very good. I got the vanilla v2.3 and I'm super happy with it.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    It's not available retail (as far as I know), but I like LivWell Nutrition's protein, especially the coconut flavor. Barring that, i'll use gold standard's plant based protein sometimes or orgain.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    We started buying LeanFit from Costco. It's pretty good. Reasonable price.

I like the fact that it's not green tinted like Vega and so many others. I use protein powders in all of my baking so it's nice to not have to disguise the colour with chocolate.

https://www.amazon.ca/LeanFit-completegreen-Protein-Natural-Plant-Based/dp/B00KYPXX9Q?th=1&psc=1&source=googleshopping&locale=en-CA&tag=googcana-20