Question for girls Implant and weightlifting

Options
I have just had contraceptive implant inserted in my left arm yesterday and it hurts like a mother kitten.
Am I safe to do lifting in the morning? I have dressing that I need to keep on for 5 days but haven't been told anything about exercising

I am expecting my left arm will feel weaker to start with just unsure can I lift straight away or not.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I have just had contraceptive implant inserted in my left arm yesterday and it hurts like a mother kitten.
    Am I safe to do lifting in the morning? I have dressing that I need to keep on for 5 days but haven't been told anything about exercising

I am expecting my left arm will feel weaker to start with just unsure can I lift straight away or not.

You should really ask the doctor who implanted the contraceptive. Could you email them for a quick reply?
  • passenger79
    passenger79 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    No it's been done at community hospital and with the weekend could be days before I get a reply..
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    I was told 48 hrs no heavy lifting when I got mine.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    The implant sits on top of the muscle in a natural dip beneath the skin so shouldn’t physically impact you. Having said that, there’s probably some bruising from the device used to insert it which may affect you

Go by feel, maybe have a deload week?
  • passenger79
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    I was told 48 hrs no heavy lifting when I got mine.

Thanks for that @aeloine thinking about it it's probably not best idea,I'll just do a run on a treadmill instead.
  • passenger79
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Who keeps wooing me lol what's wrong with some people?
    keep pressing that little button if that's only fun you get in your free time lol
  • passenger79
    Options
    Just keep going you 're pathetic lol
  • passenger79
    edited February 2018
    Options
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I totally thought this was about chest implants and absolutely had a youtube/IG ready to share with you. She just documented her process.

I'd say wait till it doesn't feel funny and go at it- I'd do legs and cardio if it was me.