Just joined yesterday - 63 year old female on mission to lose 50 pounds after hip replacement

Options
Started a low carb, high protein diet under doctors care. I weigh 190 pounds and am 5'4". I just had a total hip replacement 2 months ago and feel great after 4 years of pain. This is the next step in getting "me" back. Gained all the extra weight in the past 18 years with 10 just in this past year as I became more restricted in movement due to bad hip. Life is good and I am looking forward to this journey.

Replies

• dropke
    dropke Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I will be 63 in June. I need a hip replacement but my doctor won't do one until I lose 60 to 100 lbs first. He suggested bariatric surgery. I'm trying to lose the weight on my own and I am down 28 lbs since August. I'm a little discouraged because the pain makes it difficult to exercise and I am in a financial bind right now so a gym membership would be a bit much. But I do find My Fitness pal at least helps to keep my calories in check. I wish you well in your journey. I'm looking forward to being pain free as well.
  • TriciaRoehrig
    TriciaRoehrig Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Nice! Happy to hear you are doing well (I am a PT). Low carb, eliminating most processed food worked for me when I wanted to lose 10 pounds in 6 weeks for a vacation. And i tried Bragg apple cider vinegar for liver detox (cause i have bad fibroids) and then I read it was good for weight loss/appetite suppression and I really think it helped me!