the struggle is real!

Options
I am a 37 year old diabetic and I struggle with food addiction. I eat when I am happy, sad, angry, frustrated, stressed and because it's "Tuesday"... My instincts are to offer up excuses for why I eat and to try to justify my eating. All my life I have been the chubby girl and in recent years I've graduated to just fat. I've always loved myself and not been ashamed of my size nor let it stop me from doing what I wanted to do. But I've fallen out of love with myself and I want to find my old confidence. I do not have a goal weight or size I just want to be healthy, to do this for me. I am a wife, sister, daughter, friend, and aunt. (wife and aunt are my specialty :wink: ) And in the past I tried to "fix" myself to make others proud, so naturally nothing stuck. I HAVE to change my mindset from DIET to LIFESTYLE. I need a community to hold me accountable and not let me wallow in excuses!

Replies

• vajoseph
    vajoseph Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I completely relate to your relationship with food. You can make a new lifestyle for yourself starting now! Good luck!