Halo top has arrived in the UK

Options
2»

Replies

• lovelylela415
    lovelylela415 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I love halo! I can’t have dairy and the grocery store near me started carrying the non dairy version. Of the non dairy (made with coconut milk) my favorite is chocolate (so creamy). Also liked cinnamon swirl. Not a fan of chocolate-banana though (after taste).
  • mortuseon_
    mortuseon_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Another less proteinaceous option is the Waitrose Belgian Chocolate frozen yoghurt!

I think people love to *kitten* on Halo Top and other ‘diet foods’ out of some weird food snobbery. Maybe my palate is less refined, but it tastes pretty damn good to me, and I’m not one for eating a small amount of ice cream :)
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Forgot to add, you have to let it soften up or instead of being creamy it will be grainy. Huge difference in the experience.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Candy bar is my new favourite, it tastes like snickers ice cream :+1:
  • Christine_72
    Options
    CoachJen71 wrote: »
    Forgot to add, you have to let it soften up or instead of being creamy it will be grainy. Huge difference in the experience.

Yep, I leave the tub sitting on the counter for 20 minutes before putting it in my bowl. You'd also snap the spoon if you tried scooping it out straight from the freezer!
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options

Three times I have tried to get that one. Always sold out!
  • Christine_72
    Options
    CoachJen71 wrote: »

Three times I have tried to get that one. Always sold out!

Haha Halo top was on sale today at a grocery store chain here, I was going to stock up on the candy bar flavour... Sold out, sold out, sold out at three different stores that i was driving all over the damn country side to get too!! I ended up getting the last container, which was cookie dough. I hope it's nice!
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Ironically they had plenty of my 2 least favourite flavours (and perhaps everyone else's), birthday cake and mint chip. But i hate wasting money on stuff that that i think is just meh. The sale price was $7, so still not particularly cheap..
  • Meelisv
    Meelisv Posts: 235 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Meelisv wrote: »
    I've seen Halo Top mentioned before. What is special about it?
    As I understand it is ice cream with high protein content and bit lower in calories than "average" ice cream (though not by much) and is crazy expensive.
    Similar to Lohilo ice cream we have here.
    Anything I'm missing?

It's WAY lower in calories than regular ice cream. The entire pint is like 260-320 calories, as opposed to 1,000-1,200 calories for something like Ben & Jerry's.

It tastes pretty good too, imo.

So I did some calculations (not easy because weird units and sizes Halo Top uses) and it seems to have about half the calories of "normal" ice cream while being about 4 times as expensive.

Makes sense, most of nice things cost lot
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options
    I love the pumpkin flavor, cinnamon roll is a favorite, mint chip is nice and refreshing, my husband loves the chocolate covered banana, the choco almond chip and choco mocha chip are yummy too. Lol. As you can see, we’re quite the halo top connoisseurs in my household. :lol:
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    It's worth it to me since I only buy b&j ice cream which is the same price hope it's nice when I eventually get round to trying some
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options
    Oh also, the s’more flavor is excellent too!