MyFitnessPal vs Fitbit Calorie Deficits?

Options
Wunderlandz
Wunderlandz Posts: 6 Member
edited February 2018 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey all, I'm only recently jumping back on the weight loss wagon after my 30 lb weight gain this year :\ and I've just recently purchased my very first fitbit! It's a Charge HR 2, and the app is honestly pretty complicated. I just reset my MFP goals for a 1.5 lb a week weight loss, in which I have to net around 1,400 calories a day. However, on my fitbit app, it says I want to net around 1,000... which one is more accurate? I am 5'5, 22 years old and 183 lbs. I'm looking to be 145, but 150 is my current goal.

Replies

• Meelisv
    Meelisv Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Haven't used Fitbit quite some time since I prefer other brands, but Fitbit app should be quite simple compared to some others.

Are you sure that your goals and activity ity levels are set to same level in both?
    Also are you sure that Fitbit number isn't energy expenditure or something like that?
    Because I just don't believe that any such app would give a calorie consumption recommendation which is considered dangerously low.
    1400 seems fine for your stats, can be even low if you're active enough.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Fitbit wouldn't be net, as it is based on your TDEE. And your calorie goal changes throughout the day as you become more active.

Log all of your food in MFP and let Fitbit take care of the movement side of the equation.