What's your favorite COD meal?

Options
Jasp03
Jasp03 Posts: 54 Member
In each meal, I usually have some chicken or turkey, or if I want some fish instead, I'll do salmon, or shrimp. I've been wanting to expand that a little bit, so I'm starting to toss some COD into this mix.

I'm interested to hear how you guys cook your COD and what you accompany it with. Feel free to share!

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    It's a very dense protein source. I have only used it when purchased as individually wrapped frozen portions. For that I thaw in the microwave oven and heat on a lightly oiled skillet until I'm satisfied that I've safely murdered all the unfriendlies. I have a steamer I could use, but I don't.
  • danl02026
    danl02026 Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I bake cod with a just enough mayo to hold panko on both sides of the fish...the mayo holds the panko to give some texture....dress it up with a squeeze of lemon and parsley after baking...you can use this to do flounder, haddock or any white fish...you can even grill the coated fish..
  • Jermanator
    Jermanator Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My go-to for all fish is Lawrey's seasoned salt and dill. You can either bake it or grill it that way. If you like pan fried, a light dusting with corn starch plus the Lawrey's and dill is what I use. Most fish is excellent. The trick is to barely cook it until it is done. Overcooked fish is terrible.

Another seasoning for fish is to sprinkle on some Old Bay seasoning. Blackened is excellent too!
  • heatherjean76
    heatherjean76 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Cooked with wilted spinach and two poached eggs on top.
  • Kadoober
    Kadoober Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Sprinkle of cumin and chili powder, quick pan fry, break fish up a bit for fish tacos!
    Tortillas of choice, bit of guac, pickled red onion, maybe some salsa - delicious.
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I like cod in a new England style fish chowder or a shrimp and cod bouillabaisse. If I don't do either of these I simply bake it in parchment with veggies or if I am daring, make fish and sweet potato chips. I love cod!!
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I'm having pan-fried cod tomorrow, with pirogi and Brussels sprouts.

Season cod with Cajun seasoning, salt & pepper - you can also dredge in flour or cornstarch at this point, but I usually only do that with trout. I have no reason for that.

Add 1/2 tablespoon of butter to skillet.

3-4 minutes per side in a skillet on medium-high heat; more or less depending on the thickness of the filet - it should just start to flake apart

A squeeze of lemon at the end, a little more butter if you'd like too.