50lb struggles

Options
Hi all

I'm new here! Need to lose 50lb! Not feeling very hopeful as have only gained since I gave birth.

I've tried cal counting for 2 weeks now, average 1200 week 1 and on track this week and have so far gained a pound! Been going to the gym and walks with baby to improve fitness from a sedentary style and help weight loss.

When I started trying to lose weight I was a stone lighter, it seems the opposite for me!

Any tips?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    How are you measuring your intake? Are you using a food scale to weigh everything? Are you picking the right things from the database? Are you using the recipe builder? Are you breastfeeding?

Sorry about all the questions.
  • emelyromero2123
    emelyromero2123 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can adjust the app do that you have a lower intake of certain food groups. I have a very low intake of crabs
  • SD0907
    SD0907 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The questions are fine, any help is great! If it's brand food it's pretty easy to pick, if I'm not sure I would usually pick a med/high just incase.. worst is better to track. I have scales but I don't measure everything, could that be a key issue?
  • L1zardQueen
    edited February 2018
    Options
    You can adjust the app do that you have a lower intake of certain food groups. I have a very low intake of crabs

Allergy? ;)

She asked nothing of macro percentages but some find eating lower carbs is an easier WOE.
  • SD0907
    Options
    Where do you do the adjustment sorry? Does that help you minimise carbs more or?
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    SD0907 wrote: »
    The questions are fine, any help is great! If it's brand food it's pretty easy to pick, if I'm not sure I would usually pick a med/high just incase.. worst is better to track. I have scales but I don't measure everything, could that be a key issue?

At the start, using a scale to weigh everything gets you good eyeballing. I always counted my bananas as medium but I was eating extra large bananas. There is a big difference calories. Same with oatmeal, I was using rounded 1/3 cups but it should have been less than level. It all adds up.

• SD0907
    Options
    That video is fantastic thank you. Think I will be dusting off my scales! It would mainly be dinners as lunch is normally egg/omelette so that's fairly accurate and maybe a round of toast for breakfast.

• SD0907
    Options

Allergy? ;)

She asked nothing of macro percentages but some find eating lower carbs is an easier WOE.

What's macro percentages sorry? Maybe I haven't researched lower carbs as week as I could have
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    SD0907 wrote: »

Allergy? ;)

What's macro percentages sorry? Maybe I haven't researched lower carbs as week as I could have

Here's some good information on macros setting.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/819055