Help

Options
I’m struggling to maintain. I lost 3.5 stone on slimming world. Further 1 more stone with MFP total 4.5 stone. I’ve now become more active with my fitness and building up to complete my first 10K run. May not be a big run for some people but is to me. But up until November last year I had never really been to a gym. I find it hard to choose the right foods that are healthy to reach my calorie intake and always way under each day and struggle getting a balance with macros. And never eat back my extra exercise calories. How have people over come this. I’ve spoken to my slimming world consultant with bad advice and that it’s my body telling me I need to loose more weight or have extra HeB and HeA which I have tried. I’m 5ft 10 and weight 12st 5.5 pound. I’m also never hungry at end of day. Should I reduce my weight more? Or stay wear I’m at. Any help would be great. Many thanks.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Do you like how you look?

Awesome job, by the way!
  • PeterAllan3450
    PeterAllan3450 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Yes I love the way I look and feel about myself I think if I loose anymore then I would look ill with it. I feel more confident then ever. I don’t eat crap any more and enjoy cooking things from scratch. It’s just I don’t know what what to eat which is higher in calories but healthy. And should I eat all my exercise calories back or some or none. If that makes sense.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    If you are happy with where you are, then don't lose more because someone says they think you should. If you aren't meeting your calorie goals and want to increase your intake, there are plenty of calorie dense foods. Nuts and avocado come to mind. There's a thread around on calorie dense foods:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    Exercise calories are just estimates. If you start to gain or lose, adjust up or down. Everyone burns calories differently. Tracking your intake accurately helps a lot.
  • PeterAllan3450
    Options
    I think my biggest worry is I have worked so hard to turn my life around and get it back on track with my weight and fitness that I don’t want to go back to that.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I think my biggest worry is I have worked so hard to turn my life around and get it back on track with my weight and fitness that I don’t want to go back to that.

You don't have to. Set a target range. For example, current weight plus or minus 5 lbs. If you get above your upper limit or below the lower limit, then you know you need to adjust your intake for a little while.
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    You won't. Have faith in the process. You will be able to let go of counting. Honest. I've been maintaining for two years now.
  • PeterAllan3450
    Options
    I track everything and weigh it all and log everything I eat. I get the body fluctuates up and down each day due to fluid and all that. And never go hungry.
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    Keep going! Soon you can let go.
  • PeterAllan3450
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

You don't have to. Set a target range. For example, current weight plus or minus 5 lbs. If you get above your upper limit or below the lower limit, then you know you need to adjust your intake for a little while.

Thank you for that. I have looked at the list.
  • PeterAllan3450
    Options
    Keep going! Soon you can let go.

I will do. Thank you.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    I’m struggling to maintain. I lost 3.5 stone on slimming world. Further 1 more stone with MFP total 4.5 stone. I’ve now become more active with my fitness and building up to complete my first 10K run. May not be a big run for some people but is to me. But up until November last year I had never really been to a gym. I find it hard to choose the right foods that are healthy to reach my calorie intake and always way under each day and struggle getting a balance with macros. And never eat back my extra exercise calories. How have people over come this. I’ve spoken to my slimming world consultant with bad advice and that it’s my body telling me I need to loose more weight or have extra HeB and HeA which I have tried. I’m 5ft 10 and weight 12st 5.5 pound. I’m also never hungry at end of day. Should I reduce my weight more? Or stay wear I’m at. Any help would be great. Many thanks.

You're at a perfectly normal (albeit on the upper side, but that's why there's a range) weight for your height.

Your SW consultant just wants them to keep making money.

If you are happy, and you feel good, there is no reason to lose more weight.