Weekly calories count

Options
If MFP tells me to eat 1,700 per day, that's 11,900 calories per week. If let's say don't eat my quota 6 days in a row, maybe 150 calories short of the 1,700, does this mean that on day 7 I am entitled to eat up to an extra 900 calories? Or it does not work that way

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Yes. Many people will do that...eat a little less during the week to eat more on weekends or at an event. Just remember that MFP officially follows a daily count, so if you do go 900 calories over for the day everything will be in the red (if you're someone who closes out your diary).
  • abirdintherain
    abirdintherain Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    If you want to work with a weekly balance, yes. I typically eat a little less through the week when I'm working so that I can eat a little more on the weekends when I'm resting and have more time to think about food. If it works for you, it's a perfectly fine way of controlling your calorie intake - you'll still be at a deficit for the week.
  • jc1961AA
    jc1961AA Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys! I will bear this in mind when i get a bit of the munchies in the evening, nice to have a treat or 2 once in a while