What happens after a cheat day?

Options
I've posted a video by this YouTuber before, she's a PhD student and a diet/fitness vlogger. I like when she does the heavy science/math videos because I enjoy understanding the numbers and data of weight and nutrition. The breakdown of how much fat she would expect to gain from her 8000 calorie cheat day is the most interesting part, in my opinion, but I think it's all really informative for the layperson with no background in this kind of science.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeDvYExqhOI

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,665 Member
    Options
    Very interesting. And definitely worthwhile to post in a lot of "upset people" threads!!!!
  • jasondjulian
    jasondjulian Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Very interesting. A lot of misconceptions about a high calorie intake day as opposed to what really happens.

But holy cow, 8,000 calories in one day.. not sure I could even stomach that!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Most YT health and fitness vloggers have done that silly 10,000 calorie challenge at some point. I have some issues with doing it for content but taking some note of the effects and making a sort of study of it redeems it in some ways. For the video above she's not actively trying to get to X amount of calories, but all the same I don't think I could get there either. It's a lot of donut calories and I don't have that sweet a tooth! Put some fresh breads in front of me, on the other hand...
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    What is her youtube channel? OK. Stephanie Buttermore.