Having a bad few days ,,,,,,anyone else out there experiencing the same

Options
2»

Replies

• onward1
    onward1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've been a little off, haven't logged the past few days. It stops today, plus I'm going to kick it up a notch in the cardio department. It happens , I figure there's no way I could have gained the 12 pounds I've already lost in 3 days. We got this, congrats on your lose OP, keep going! :)
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Smilin40 wrote: »
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I've been a mess. Literally over eating every day for days on end. I don't understand what is wrong with me :(

I’ve had a long look and I can tell you there is absolutely positively undeniabley nothing wrong with you :)

Good lighting and that was after coming off an extremely low carb few weeks.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    You didn't gain 4lbs of fat in a few days, it would be highly unlikely unless you ate in excess of 14000K cals. So put things in perspective ok. Our weight always fluctuates for a host of reasons - goodness I'm up 2lbs since Saturday and I haven't ate over my calories or even close - I KNOW its a fluctuation and by tomorrow or the day after it will be history. That's how it goes.
    Keep on eating consistently within your calorie allowance, have patience because this works.
  • nikipam11
    nikipam11 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    First off - don't beat yourself up. So you had some bad days. We all do and I know exactly how you feel. I have had complete breakdowns when I have no will power or desire to stop eating. I have this voice in the back of my head saying "stop - you shouldn't be eating like this". But the bigger part of desire says "why not".

Take a breath and reflect on why you started this journey. Think positive thoughts and get your head wrapped around what you want. If you can't wrap your head around long term - set daily goal. For example - today i am not going to have that cookie! Set small goals until you get back where you want to be.

We are all here for you and you are not alone!!
  • monramx
    monramx Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    God I had a few terrible days so I know how it feels everyone. Im on keto,1200kcal a day, counting everything religiously and still have gained these past few days over a kilo back! Im so discouraged, the only thing that would keep me going is looking forward to see the scale move when Im hungry or craving something. But we all gotta be strong and not give up. Cheers Im rooting for all of you:)
  • Nathanmmx
    Nathanmmx Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Had a really bad day Saturday, went 4800 calories over MFP limit. Would usually take it as a bad thing and just keep eating worse and worse. This time I took it as an opportunity and (although gym machines are not 100% accurate) I burnt off every single one of those calories on the elliptical trainer in 4 days.

So if you look at it the right way you can turn any bad days into opportunities to even just get fitter and in return get to enjoy something extra yummy once in a while :)
  • wiggins26
    wiggins26 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have had a few bad days eating over calories and scales showed up 3.5lbs. Hoping it is water weight. On the positive was able to buy a new pair jeans this week and down 2 sizes.