MOVING to TX, near Dallas

Options
We are relocating for my husbands job! I'm looking for running and biking clubs in the Dallas area. We'll be living near Allen, TX. That's where his work is, so we are looking in Allen, Fairview, Lucus, McKinney, Frisco and Wylie for a house. Wondering if anyone here is from that area and part of a runners or bicycling club. =)

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    My wife and I currently live in The Colony, I am not in a club, but bicycling and stuff is huge around here, see them everywhere. Its a great area!
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Sorry can't help you on the running club or bike club...

but welcome to Dallas !! I live in The COlony ( right by frisco), my good friend lives in ALlen.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I grew up in Allen. I know someone who is part of a bicycling club but don't know the name of it. I will have to find out and get back to you. Don't know of any runners clubs though. Good luck! Hope you love it here. It's hott!!!!
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    welcome to TX:flowerforyou:
    here's the website for the Dallas Running Club:

http://www.dallasrunningclub.com/201dir/
  • zoey116
    zoey116 Posts: 75
    Options
    I'm in Plano just south of Allen.

You can also check out Dallas off-road bike association:

www.dorba2.com

It has a list of all kinds of trails for biking, hiking and such in the DFW area.
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the websites! I appreciate it! What do you mean by "The Colony?" My husband will be working in Allen and I think we are buying a house in Mckinney....
  • zoey116
    zoey116 Posts: 75
    Options
    The Colony is a city nearby.
  • jamezyjamez
    Options
    Dallas Running Club (dallasrunningclub.com) has several events and you can join for cheap, then just need to volunteer once. Many of their events are at White Rock Lake which may be a drive for you. I would also recommend active.com because they have weekly 5k's around the metroplex and many are organized by running clubs. I know there's one in Carrollton (not TOO far for you) and Plano surely has one too. There are also classes/running groups organized by Run On or Luke's Locker Sporting Goods stores. Enjoy.
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips! I appreciate you taking the time to respond. =)