TAKING BACK CONTROL... my new lifestyle

Options
Hi everyone!

I’m making some big lifestyle changes and taking back control over how I live. I live a really busy life so it’s important that I make these changes NOW. I’m doing the Whole 30 to break my carb OBSESSION and learn how to consistently eat cleanly, as well as up my water intake. I’d love to get a group who is a constant, positive support. Especially those who can say “get off your *kitten* and do your workout!”

Replies

• Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
  • Dirty204
    Dirty204 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    How do you like that whole 30? I’ve done keto for about 5 weeks now and had really great results..but just keep your head up and focus on your end goal!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Whole 30 is an elimination diet to detect food intolerances. There is nothing intrinsically addictive about carbohydrates (not even "carbs" in the sense of delicious, easy to eat, readily available, high calorie foods, that often are just as much fat as carbs), it's just one of the macronutrients that provides energy. Telling ourselves they're bad, unhealthy, fattening, naughty, etc, and then try to compensate for overeating by eating a bland "(clean") diet, which offers very little satisfaction, makes many of us crave "carbs", compulsively.