Diet gets ruined over the weekend :(

Options
2»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Join a gym. Planet Fitness might not be the greatest, but it's only $10 a month. Personally, I ended up buying a treadmill so I'm not dependent on weather/being able to go to the gym etc.

Jog/walk outside. Even before I got the treadmill, I'd go crazy if I stayed inside all day. Now I got a dog too so I HAVE to walk her at least once a day or she goes nuts.

About your friends, you can always order something lower calorie for yourself. You don't HAVE to eat the pizza. I get it, we regularly see our friends on week ends too and there's a lot of snacking involved, but really, you don't have to eat the snacks, and you could order your own food somewhere else if you don't want the high calorie stuff (I like pizza occasionally, but I'm not spending 300 calories on a slice if I'm not in the mood for it).
  • abhinavsood89
    abhinavsood89 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you to every single one of you who replied! Your comments were very insightful, inspiring and generally really helpful. I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to post a few updates to tell you how I used your advice and what I achieved:

1. The easiest thing to practice was building a budget during the week to be used on the weekend since I was already doing this more or less.
    2. On returning from work, I started walking to the next nearest subway station instead of the one I usually go to.
    3. I usually discard pizza crust at the edges that has no toppings. Someone I talked to told me that I was being too harsh on myself to record a whole slice when I didn't eat the crusts at the edge, it has a large number of carbs relative to the rest of the slide. I still track a slice as a slice to ensure that I don't go overboard if I eat more than a slice
    4. I started doing squats when cooking, cleaning around the house more often, etc. to be active
    5. I started Intermittent Fasting, eating my dinner between 7-8pm and then lunch next day at noon, with only a cup of tea in the morning.

I have reached my weight goal and I feel happy :) One treadmill is functional and I go walk/run whenever I can. Thank you for all your feedback, help and support!
  • CasiGal
    CasiGal Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Lots of great dieting suggestions so I'll make a social one. How about having theme nights when the friends come by? I.e., Greek night...everyone brings something you assign: greek salad, chicken skewers, hummus and pita, a nice Greek wine, etc. Try to control the food coming in where you can, and where you can't, enjoy friends. Life is short may be a cliche' but it's a true one. No one knows what tomorrow will bring...
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Congrats on hitting your goal!