to much fiber?

2»

Replies

• JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    I'll raise a glass: to much fiber! The reason my life is so *kitten*.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,492 Member
    ColinParr wrote: »
    I have been consuming 90 grams of fiber per day, is this to much? and should I subract those numbers from my macronutrients?

Not if it doesn't bother you. I eat 80-150 a day without issues.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited February 2018
    SolotoCEO wrote: »
    This has to be a troll post.... Eating that much fibre - I'm not even sure it's humanly possible without exploding. You couldn't drink enough to get it out!

No it's not. I ate 150 a day for about 2 years during my quest bar obsession. I had no issues because my system was used to it.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    edited February 2018
    Holy Crap!

I eat an entirely plant based diet with almost zero processed foods, and typically get about 50 grams of fiber. I have no idea how you could get that much.
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Holy Crap!

I eat an entirely plant based diet with almost zero processed foods, and typically get about 50 grams of fiber. I have no idea how you could get that much.

Still waiting for OP to come back and tell us!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited February 2018
    Holy Crap!

It’s pretty easy to do. For example I ate a few cups of pumpkin(20-25), 5 quest bars(70-90g right there), two high fiber wraps (20g) and lots of veggies. Always got 130-150 for years.
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Holy Crap!

It’s pretty easy to do. For example I ate a few cups of pumpkin(20-25), 5 quest bars(70-90g right there), two high fiber wraps (20g) and lots of veggies. Always got 130-150 for years.

Yeah, I don't eat Quest bars, so not something I really think about.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited February 2018
    Holy Crap!

I had 77 g one day in January, which was just from eating beans at every meal, as well as a lot of vegetables and some fruit and oats and nuts. That's not normal for me, I'm usually around 50-60, but it caused me no distress. No fiber supplements, and only 1500 cal that particular day, I can see how a guy with more calories could hit 90.

Traditional diets back in the day (foragers, probably early farmers) would have been super high fiber, supposedly contemporary hunter/gatherers are still over 100 g normally (read that in something on the gut biome), so while I don't think it's necessary I think it's harmless for most if you work up to it.