How many cals

Options
SW: 13st 9
current wait: 9st 6.

Height: 5ft 3

My aim is to be around 8st 12- 9st-0

I have been at 9st 6 for quite some time

How many calories should I be eating to lose the last few pounds and tone up?

I gym 3 nights a week

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Use My Fitness Pal for your stats. Input you height, weight, age. It calculates you daily calories depending on what you set for your goals.
    What are you doing at the gym?
  • louisemallett241296
    Options
    In the gym I am doing a mix of cardio and weights.
    Gym trainer told me to start focusing on more weights than to much cardio as I have lost around 4 stone I need to start building muscle.

Just unsure on the calories, I eat around 1200
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    MFP suggests 1350 or 1600 to lose 1 or 0.5 pounds per week for a female of your size, born 1993 and lightly active on the daily (excluding exercise; you're supposed to eat back exercise calories). I think that's a good suggestion.
  • BitofaState
    BitofaState Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    If you've lost 4st then you may have some issues with your metabolism slowing down, so the trainer's advice to focus on weights is good, although that shouldn't stop you from being active in other ways, such as walking 5-6 miles a day (2000 steps is approx 1 mile) to keep the calorie burn up.

To get to your 8st 12lbs goal you need to have a total deficit of around 30,000Kcal. If you can get a 300Kcal/day average deficit it'll take 100 day to get there so expect it to be slow. It's unlikely at your weight and height that you'll manage to get a 1000Kcal/day deficit going unless you start training for hours a day. This means being compliant with your diet and exercise regime is vital as it's easy to miss that goal with a little error in weighing food, "forgetting" to log oils, using an approximation for an amount, or overestimating how much activity you have done.
  • louisemallett241296
    Options
    Is 9 stone 6 and 5”3 a healthy weight to be then?
    A lot of people tell me to stop losing weight and focus on toning up as I don’t want to go to far... it’s mainly just the stomach but which i know is very slow to get off
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Is 9 stone 6 and 5”3 a healthy weight to be then?
    A lot of people tell me to stop losing weight and focus on toning up as I don’t want to go to far... it’s mainly just the stomach but which i know is very slow to get off
    Objectively, it's a healthy weight (BMI 23.4). But it's your body, so you have to figure out what's attainable for you, and what's worth which effort, within the constraints of your build, lifestyle, schedule, values, preferences.