had an awesome ride/run/swim/walk/workout today?

Options
zornig
zornig Posts: 336 Member
I just wanted to declare that today's bike ride ruled. I managed to sustain a 21 mph pace for 5 miles. That was way too fast for me (normally I average 17-18 mph), so I wound up doing the rest of the ride slower than usual (my total distance was 21 miles). But even so, I felt good and strong, and really pleased that I was able to maintain such a fast past for as long as I did! Not to mention the weather was beautiful, all of the good songs came up in my mp3 mix, and tonight when I go out for sushi I'll have really earned it!

Replies

• Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    YES! I have to share. I walked the dog this morning at a fast past through the neighborhood, and there is a path the stretches almost a mile behind the whole neighborhood. I jogged that whole stretch for the first time. SO proud!
  • MelissaBoydston82
    Options
    wow! I hope to one day be able to ride that fast. I just started riding a bike a monthish ago? Yesterday I went the longest I've ever gone....6.23 miles. I averaged 8.3 mph. When I first started, going like 1.8 miles killed me. lol. Feeling myself get better and better is awesome!
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    wow! I hope to one day be able to ride that fast. I just started riding a bike a monthish ago? Yesterday I went the longest I've ever gone....6.23 miles. I averaged 8.3 mph. When I first started, going like 1.8 miles killed me. lol. Feeling myself get better and better is awesome!

Hey, that's great! You have to start somewhere, right? Also, it's a lot easier to ride fast when you have a carbon fiber bike. Just sayin' :)
  • KristiRTT
    KristiRTT Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I did the cardio pylo insanity workout this morning, my first time through without pausing the DVD!! And then I spent 1 1/2 hours push mowing the lawn!! Yesterday I ran 8.5 miles in the gorgeous weather!! I made a goal to be more consistent with working out for the rest of the year!! Hoping I stick to it!