Hey You Young Adults (20-30ish)! Let's Connect!

Options

Replies

• SD0907
    SD0907 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Also 28, new mum, definitely taking adulthood but I do try my best. Looking to lose around 50lb and maybe fill some of it with muscle. Not long into my journey and have really struggled with loss and only gain, all motivation would be welcome!!
  • vjdd
    vjdd Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Val. 30 years old currently residing in Malta. I've been heavy all my life but I really want to try and live healthy since I'm not getting any younger. I'm 50 pounds above my recommended weight, but hopefully I will manage to lose the extra weight within the year. If anyone wants to connect please feel free to reach out.
  • Yess009
    Yess009 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! This is 3rd time trying to post here lol. Im 26 year old trying to lose 50+ lbs by next year. Would love anyone who can help keep me motivated and as an accountability buddy whom i can do the same for.
  • niamhmckiernan
    niamhmckiernan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am 23 this sunday and have struggled with weight through my teens. Work a couple of shifts a week
  • yantari
    yantari Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I’m Anna and I currently live in Reykjavik, Iceland. I’m 25, working full time as a waiter in a fancy restaurant and bar. I’m struggling to commit to healthy lifestyle mostly because of my crazy schedule (12+ hour shifts since I’m a manager). But I’m trying my best and just recently got back into gym, trying to change my eating habits as well.
    My goal isn’t really weight-based. I’d like to ultimately fit into US size 6-8 (UK 10-12) since right now I’m floating between US 14-16 (UK 18-20). Would love to have some friends here that I could share this journey with.
  • LittleCub144
    LittleCub144 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello :) I'm 25 and on week 2 of using MFP and generally trying to lose weight and live healthier, not always easy as I have a couple of chronic illnesses that keep kicking my butt but I'm determined this time. 58lb to my goal weight (although I'm only weighing myself every 4-6 weeks or so, next weigh in is April 1st) :)
  • mfpfreedomnow
    mfpfreedomnow Posts: 52 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hi, y'all. I'm on the older end of youngish and trying to get fit and stay fit. Let's motivate one another!
  • Aylasett17
    Aylasett17 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I am 25 and I am trying to lose 30-50 pounds. I am looking for some friends for motivation and inspiration. Feel free to add me!
  • insgirl29
    insgirl29 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am 27, and I used myfitnesspal a few years back, with some success. Due to some personal issues I stopped, and after a successful year on Weight Watchers (I lost 20 pounds!), I couldn't afford the $60 a month fee anymore, and decided to return back to myfitnesspal! I am excited to meet new people and get back on the road to success! I have 96 pounds to lose, and I am determined to do it! :)
  • sarah_buchan94
    sarah_buchan94 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 23 and I graduated last summer and started my first Proper Job. I gained quite a bit of weight during my uni years and I would very much like to lose it again. I've lost around a stone since graduation and I'm back on here to lose the rest :# I have been on and off MFP a number of times but hopefully with some supportive friends I'll be able to stick it out this time! Feel free to add me :)
  • brndno8
    brndno8 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey guys in 23 yrs old from.india and I'm hoping to finally end my cycle of obesity. Please add me and keep me motivated I promise to check in daily with y'all
  • paulawriteslove
    paulawriteslove Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I'm 27 years old. And an elementary school teaching and working on obtaining my masters! I've been on mfp about a year. I took the past 2 months off and am back and ready to keep the positivity and motivation going! Let's do this!
  • unicorn_emoji
    unicorn_emoji Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 23, working in an academic library and also in a masters program! I've just started to get serious about losing weight, I'm going to be a bridesmaid in a few months and definitely do not want to stand in front of everyone the way I'm looking right now. I'd love some friends for mutual support in the weight loss journey :)
  • TayaCurragh
    TayaCurragh Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I am 24 and from the UK. As with some of you I have put on weight since working full time and now have about 35 pounds to lose. I moved out from my family at the start of last year which has helped a lot, I love have more control of what I eat. Now I am working on exercising consistenly as I am a master of excuses!
  • gwhizz9662
    gwhizz9662 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I’m 22 year old from the UK. I got about 100 lbs to lose. I been using MFP on and off for years. Looking for friends to keep me motivated.
  • mrpickleton
    mrpickleton Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm Dillon, I'm 24 almost 25 and live in Central FL. I have about 45 ish pounds to go.
  • Paldave1
    Paldave1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Y’all! My name is Dave, I’m 28 and going to lose 30lbs!
  • nyk1983
    nyk1983 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi New here. 34 years old. Have been on sick benefits for a few months now due to an injury. I’ve gained a little winter weight since off. Eating bad food and not getting out enough is a bad combo. Got the app to be more mindful of what I consume.

I am really impressed with the fact that you can scan the products barcode and the info with automatically populate. Technology
  • IvySpice1
    IvySpice1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I'm a 32 year old veteran undergraduate student about to graduate. I'm minoring in dance, because I love it, and for my last semester of school I'm taking a Hip-Hop class that's killer!

Trying to build up my full body strength to be able to do headstands, handstands, one handed or no handed cartwheels, and eventually B-girl moves. Right now I don't have the strength for it, it's been rough on my joints and progress has been tough, but I am working on it.

I'm new to the MFP community, but would love some friends to connect with and encourage each other. This week I seem to be fighting a bug so it may take me out of the action for a few days, but hopefully I'll beat it quickly and be back on track soon.

Stay strong everyone!
  • birdenerd
    birdenerd Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 24 and recently graduated college with a degree in biology. I'm working towards being the best version of myself. My goal this year is to lose 30 lbs and start powerlifting. Favorite fitness activities are hiking, kayaking, and boxing.

Feel free to add me as a friend!