Meal recipes/ grocery shopping help??

Hey! Is anyone on here that can help me with a grocery list and different healthy recipes to make on a daily/weekly basis?
Thanks!!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    No foods - or even recipes - are in themselves healthy or unhealthy - a healthy diet is balanced and varied. You can eat what you like. You can use any recipes you like. If you want to lose/maintain weight, you just have to not eat too many calories. It's easier to noe eat too much, and to eat balanced and varied, when you eat food YOU like. When you plan your meals, you pick recipes for those meals, and those recipes have ingredients, which are the items that makes up your shopping list!
  • alyssa_rest
    alyssa_rest Posts: 276 Member
    edited February 2018
    I'm not sure how much help I'll be, but I'm a pretty obsessive grocery planner/shopper.

I do all of my shopping Sunday/Monday. I create a dinner plan for the week based off what protein is on sale and add a vegetable side and maybe a starch. Normally, I have leftovers so I'll take them for lunch the next day. Saves me a lot of money and time weekly because I'm only buying what I need and not guessing. I don't always cook dinner based of what some may consider "healthy," but I make sure it fits my calorie goal. Skinnytaste blog also has a lot of mealplans and meals available to check out and she lists the grocery list each week.

Go-to lunch if I'm not eating leftovers: seasoned ground turkey, black beans, brown rice and broccoli. I usually mix in Taco Bell Mild sauce or hot sauce for flavor. Cook 2lbs at the beginning of the week and measure out portions in containers. I typically use some to make tacos that evening since there are just two of us. I could eat that every day but not everyone can.

You could also try meal prepping shredded chicken in the crockpot on Sunday and incorporating it into your meals. Rotisserie chicken works well for this too.

*edited for clarity.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,383 Member
    If you have Android, check out "Eat This Much" app. You can customize your dietary preferences, macro goal and calorie goal, and it will generate a meal plan for you, complete with recipes and calorie counts. It's pretty nifty.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    What I did was to list all the healthy foods I like and then look for recipes including them. I love finding recipes on You Tube as I like to watch how it's cooked rather than read directions. Stock up on herbs, spices, condiments etc if you like cooking. Also beans, pulses, rice etc.