Starting Keto (UK)

Options
Hi, I am looking for lovely females the same age as myself (my age, 51) who is starting keto and live in the UK (I am not against the rest of the world but I am looking for people who eat or shop in the same places as I do). I know this is a strange request but I am looking for people who I can share my dairy/exercise and keto issues with.

I have been doing Keto for 4 weeks now and have lost 10lb.

I have set mfp to the following 70% fat (100g), 25% protein (60g) and only 5% carbs (15g) and 1200 calories - but I am more interested in the fat, protein, and carbs.

I am using ketone sticks to check if I am in ketosis but they don't show that I am in ketosis - so I am confused about that.... the only supplement I take is liquid L-carnitine

So if you are looking for someone to share your keto journey please let me know.

ps I want to get back to where I was a few years ago and feel/look good again !

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Just FYI, the protein, fat and carbs are what together makes up your calories, and the calorie deficit is what makes you lose weight (fat). (A small detail - 100 grams fat is 75% of 1200 calories, and protein is 20%, but it doesn't matter, you'll be doing fine with either.)
  • sexysexy2
    sexysexy2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    thank you. I just used one of the calculators i found online