Snack suggestions...!

Options
Something I’ve noticed is I don’t really snack. I usually just do the basic 3 meals a day. But maybe I should add in a morning and afternoon tea to keep my metabolism going. What do u snack on that’s not really naughty?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Your metabolism would need more than a snack if it stopped :s Snack if you want to. No foods are naughty.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    If you aren't hungry between meals then there's no reason to snack. I prefer smaller meals so I need a few snacks to keep me topped up.
    And if I snack I have whatever I fancy. There's no such thing as a naughty snack imo. I'll have a pancake..or half a scone....or a packet of crisps...or chocolate. It doesn't matter what snack I choose because I fit it into my calories.
  • IRON4SLAYER
    IRON4SLAYER Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Apples, nuts, yogurt, coffee/protein bars, fig newton, protein shake, edamame, homemade popcorn, banana & peanut butter, celery sticks & peanut butter etc...Only snack if you are hungry and make sure you stay within your macro or caloric goal.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    I eat two fairly good sized meals and then a small one in between. There is no need for snacking, unless you're hungry.

That "keep the metabolism going" thing? Yeah, that's been debunked. You can eat one meal or many, doesn't make any difference to your body unless you have insulin resistance or diabetes.