WEELY MENUS

Options
Do you guys do weekly menus for dinner? what are some things you do? I am gonna start trying to do that... but its' hard b'c i'm a broke college student who is about to be an even more broke college student/newly wed... some ideas would be great!

Replies

• Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Try basing your weekly menu by what is on sale at your local supermarket. This will save you money and give you dinner ideas.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    kraftfoods.com has some great recipes and tools to menu plan. They even have a health section, and you can get a full weekly menu that has all ingredients/shopping list and recipes for the whole week. Their recipes are usually super easy, too.
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    check out delish.com
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    bump to answer later!
  • erhoden
    erhoden Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love my crock pot! I stock up on beans,meat, and frozen veggies when they are on sale and I can make tons of different stews, soups and chili. It is cheap, healthy and when you put it together in the morning, you can come home to a hot meal. I might make cornbread on the weekend and freeze half of it and just reheat with the meal. Look online for recipes or find a good cookbook to get started. After awhile you'll be comfortable just throwing stuff together and know it will taste good. Even my picky kids love lentil soup, split pea and ham and chili.
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Bump for ideas!:bigsmile:
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I do a meal plan each week. Friday I make the menu and grocery list, and buy the groceries for the following week usually that night. I am constantly searching the internet (foodgawker is my fav place for new ideas) for new recipes.

I eat the same breakfast and lunch during the work week which helps take the "think" out of dieting.

I try to buy meat that I can use twice during the week and I usually have one meal per week that is vegetarian.

This week:
    B: smoothie
    L: corn chipotle soup
    Snacks: nectarine with greek honey yogurt and laughing cow cheese with Archer Farms crackers

Dinners:
    1. vietnamese spring rolls with tofu
    2. thai lime noodles with veggies and tofu
    3. soft tacos with 93/7 burger and a ton of veggies in the things
    4. butter tomato pasta
    5. molcajete

Epicurious is also another great recipe place.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    5. molcajete

What is this?
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    check out EMealz.com that place has been a life saver
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    5. molcajete

What is this?

Its like a mexican soup we get here in restaurants. I kindof made up my own not nearly as good recipe. its still tasty though!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    feel free to check out my blog for supper ideas. this week is really easy and cheap.

http://everythingisbetterwithcheese.blogspot.com/2010/07/menu-planning-711-717.html