Just ate 500 cals of chocolate and candy

Options
13»

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    Options
    Had you been thinking, not planning, but thinking about such things in the few days before?

Actually, not at all. To be honest, I have been a bit fluey the last 24-48 hrs. It was all of a sudden. I had a great breakfast, lunch packed, but right before walking into the office I stopped by the store and bought the candy and chocolate. Almost like my body said, I need this now. It was weird.

Anecdotal, but I know my best friend who rarely eats sugary stuff (she's more of a savoury snacker) will get cravings for sugary food just before she gets a cold or a chest infection.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Your human.
    It happens to many of us.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    You indulged, enjoyed and now let it go and get on with life.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    I've been consistently losing, logging and making great progress, but this afternoon I gobbled up a bag of Swedish berries and 3 turtle chocolate squares. The total calories eaten are approximately 500, so not to painful on my daily calorie intake.

I'm curious as to what caused this strange urge/binge. My diary is open, I am generally eating well, and had a hearty breakfast (high in protein and fats) not 2 hours ago.

I wouldn’t count 500 calories of chocolate a binge.
    If you kept it in your calories what is the problem?
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    My 'danger zone' for sweets like that is right after lunch. I can eat a breakfast that satisfies, and am usually ok after dinner, but even increasing my lunch cals for a bigger meal I get single minded about the mini snickers and whatever is in the cupboard right after. Sometimes you give in, sometimes you can override it, log it and carry on, adjust dinner if necessary.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I'm not sure I understand the question are you never planning on eating turtles and Swedish berries again?

Indefinite High deficits eventually break. You may want to visit the refeed and diet break thread. Re examine the size of your deficits. Start thinking more about maintenance. And start laying the groundwork for the slower road ahead.

The less fat you have available to lose the slower the loss and the more lean mass gets lost together with it...

This.

You've probably been operating under the false assumption that you have to punish yourself to lose weight.

That's the fastest way to burn out long before you reach your goal (and/or suffer health problems).

Relax and enjoy your favourite treats in moderation. 500 calories hardly even counts as a binge.
  • mfpfreedomnow
    mfpfreedomnow Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Mslmesq wrote: »
    You’re about to get your period.

Love this! And to add on, we all feed our cravings or have a sweet tooth for something really sweet every once in a while.