Samsung Health vs MFP

Options
I am growing increasingly frusterated at the linking between my samsung health and MFP. I have been making a conscious effort to not only make/exceed my 10,000 step goal but also do other exercises as well.

My frusterations are because if i just do my walking I "gain back" like 200 calories each day. But if i do any extra excersize (like zumba) i only get credit for that activity and not my steps.

For example yesterday i walked over 12,000 steps and did 20 min of zumba (which my Gear Fit 2 counted as generic cardio). So the 96 calories from the zumba is there but my earned calories from walking get removed and replaced with a zero. So by this standard doing extra exercise means less reward?

Im trying to lose weight so im being prettt strict on myself by calorie count, but after all the extra activity i am starving but cant really eat because i only have xyz calories left for my day.

Replies

• Amanda2760
    Amanda2760 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    zfpngbtiqz2m.png
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Why not un-sync S Health from MFP and enter your exercise manually ?
  • Amanda2760
    Amanda2760 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If I un-sync my steps wont be counted at all. At least i get my steps 70%of the time if its synced.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,545 Member
    Options
    So how many steps are you doing during zumba? It's quite possible that those removed are the ones from the zumba class.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Yeah it's irritating. Just calculate an average time for walking (I think 12,000 is about 90 minutes) and add that in manually. It's annoying, but It helps. You can tell MFP not to track steps and then manually adjust when you need to know.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    If you unsync apps then you would add your exercise manually instead.