Need help with binge eating disorder

Options
itsLuciaxo
itsLuciaxo Posts: 17 Member
edited February 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
Over the past couple of months, I have been struggling with controlling my eating. I have been binge eating approximately 4000-5000 calories daily and obsessively trying to erase the damage by over exercising and eating healthy but relapsing after 2 days. It’s gotten to a point where I feel helpless. My clothes do not fit me anymore and I am constantly feeling helpless. I have prayed, meditated and tried almost everything but nothing seems to work. Someone please help me.

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    Has something changed in your life over the past months to cause this? I'm sorry you're struggling, but finding out WHY this is happening and what is triggering it can be a really good first step.

Talk to someone, change up your routine, don't buy food that you tend to binge on, etc. Staying in the same rut and habit loop will continue to cause you pain and stress so make one or two small changes and see how you can build off of that.
  • nikipam11
    nikipam11 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    i am sorry for your struggles and please know that you really are not alone. The voice you hear in your head is also in mine and others. I am glad to see the posts from others. I had read that BED is real, however, i was unaware that professional psychiatrist would help with this.

Let MFP family help you with your struggles. From the posts above you can see that you have real positive support here. I for one was glad to you started this thread and that I could read it and what others have said about your situation. It gives me hope that maybe someday I can control my binge eating.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Please see a doctor.
  • UltraVegAthlete
    UltraVegAthlete Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Stop thinking of food as good or bad. Do not restrict calories. What I did was to keep eating what I wanted until all I wanted was a huge bowl of steamed veggies. I gained weight. A ton of weight in a short amount of time. But I'm beginning to get back into eating just fruits and veggies because that's what my body wants. There is no quick fix to weight loss. This stuff takes time.