Endurance Athletes

Options
2»

Replies

• KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    I use Strava, my username is the same on both MFP and strava. Running marathon 46 next weekend. My running and biking is all on strava. I don’t swim with my garmin.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    @Djproulx is doing IM Lake Placid - I believe

I did the half there last year and it kicked my *kitten*!
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    goatg wrote: »
    No, I don't. I did for a while but I like to use my Garmin for non-training purposes (I walk around NYC a lot, and am curious about distance; I use it for strength, etc). I also often accidentally "save" it after pausing it, such as during a long run, so I find it better to just enter it manually.
    He's on my *kitten* all the time, but as long as I upload my dad (time, miles, heart, etc), he's fine.

Lake Placid.
    This is my down week, thank god. Next Wednesday is back to my long ride, doing the computrainer loop. It's nuts.

Hmmmm....my coach would want to see all that stuff to know what I'm doing that's extra from my training plan. My watch tracks steps (which don't go into training peaks), but I have used it for biking and such....i just let it upload to TP. If you really don't want the extra stuff to upload, I would think it would be easier just to export the tcx or gpx files for your workouts from Garmin connect and upload them to TP - then your coach would have allllll your workout data, and you don't have to manually enter everything.
  • gobonas99
    Options
    Oh...and maybe I'll see you at placid....my teammates and I have volunteered at the finish line 7-midnight for the past 2 years, plus bopping around the course all day cheering. Not sure yet if I'm volunteering.....or even going for the whole weekend...i have IM70.3 Ohio the following weekend, so it will depend on my training schedule...
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,185 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Long distance cyclist here.

Will post more later when I have a better connection. Just finished a 528 km week including a 200 km randonnee (audax) and 5 days of touring.
  • Machka9
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Here's a thread I started about long distance cycling:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10366563/ultradistance-cycling#latest

In it, I include a short story about my most recent event.

• Machka9
    Options
    goatg wrote: »
    What's your endurance sport?
    What are some of your biggest nutritional issues?
    How is your training going? Is there anything you need to work on?

Long distance cycling
    Eating enough to fuel my events without gaining weight. Maintenance is difficult.
    My training is going all right. :)

• KeepRunningFatboy
    Options
    gobonas99 wrote: »
    ...i have IM70.3 Ohio the following weekend, so it will depend on my training schedule...

I’m doing that event in addition to Chattanooga and Muncie.
  • gobonas99
    Options
    gobonas99 wrote: »
    ...i have IM70.3 Ohio the following weekend, so it will depend on my training schedule...

I’m doing that event in addition to Chattanooga and Muncie.

Cool! I just added you on Strava :smile:
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Late to the dance as usual. :) Just noticed this thread while surfing my account settings after the "data breach" password change notice.

I noted the conversations about fueling, since that was a big focus for me last year. I worked with a registered dietician to balance a modest weight loss plain with fueling during a build up to the first of two 70.3 races last year. Learned a lot during that time and hope to improve upon it this year. I'm also monitoring the success of 3 training partners who follow a keto based dietary approach.

While that approach is not appealing to me, these guys go long distances on minimal fuel. All 3 of them are doing marathons in April, and we will do IMMT together in August.

So much to learn about nutrition, even after doing this stuff for a while.
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    Options
    I don’t think the OP is still on here. I was hoping to hear more about her training for IM 140.6. From her training she shared, she was super committed.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    I don’t think the OP is still on here. I was hoping to hear more about her training for IM 140.6. From her training she shared, she was super committed.

Yeah, that's right, I forgot about that. She is only on newsfeed and pm's these days. Her 140.6 race is 3 weeks prior to mine, so she is a bit ahead of me in training volume.
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options

Back! If DJ can apologize for being tardy, hey.......

I hired a coach. This is super late so happy to share if you're still interested.