Time to Readjust

Options
mfpfreedomnow
mfpfreedomnow Posts: 52 Member
edited February 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
Some running days are easy, while others are hard. Yesterday, I ran 4 miles, and though I had to tough it out towards the end, it was doable. Today, however, running 2.4 miles felt like s**t. I wanted to quit within the first 5 minutes, but I kept going and literally dragged myself through it. So now that I'm back home and have rested and fed my body, I think to myself, "Why did my body let me down today?" The answer lies in my leg muscles. You see, I squat and do heel raisers regularly, 100 reps each practically everyday. But for the past week, I've skipped out on both and have only been jogging 2 miles before going to work. That kind of dramatic change takes a toll on your normal fitness and serves as a reminder that you must always be mindful to make adjustments as you go on living. I need to start squatting again. I run better when I do, so I'll get right back on it.

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    So you've been running 2 miles a day? Yesterday you ran 4 (and it was hard) and today you tried to run 3-4?

Also you squat and calf raise 100 reps everyday (no days off)? Do you not think that the tons of squats/calf work you are doing is equating to fatigue and upping your running mileage so quickly is doing the same?
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    That doesn't make sense. I'm not saying it's impossible, but in the KISS mentaltiy, I'd wonder if maybe you're just in a down stretch... something that is entirely normal.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    How long have you been running every day and doing the squats etc?
  • mfpfreedomnow
    mfpfreedomnow Posts: 52 Member
    Options

I usually do mat calisthenic exercises, which includes the squats and heel raisers, every other day. On days when I am not squatting and heel raising, I jog 2 miles. But I run longer (4 to 6 miles) on weekends (usually just Saturday or Sunday).
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

I usually do mat calisthenic exercises, which includes the squats and heel raisers, every other day. On days when I am not squatting and heel raising, I jog 2 miles. But I run longer (4 to 6 miles) on weekends (usually just Saturday or Sunday).

sounds fine. sometimes you just have a bad run, dont overthink it.