Diet for skinny fat body recomposition

Options
I am currently skinny fat. I am 5' 3'", 128lbs and 22.7 BMI. There isnt alot of info online about how a person who is built like me should diet. Hopefully someone here can help me. I currently exercise about 4 days a week which is a mixture of weight training with a tiny bit of hiit cardio.My main focus is belly fat.

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    You are built no differently than anyone else, genetics determine where and how we carry most of our fat. For us women usually the stomach, hips, upper thighs.

The same principle applies to everyone, for working on body consumption, you need to recomp, time and patience. No special diet, meet your minimum protein needs to support your training, make sure you consume enough dietary fat for hormone health etc, and let the carbs fall where they may.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1

• bosskaren
    bosskaren Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Lift more weights.
  • parrischristina
    parrischristina Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If you have belly fat still then you still need to eat at calorie deficit - the fat in that area is usually the last to go.
    You will find that even losing as little as 5lbs more will make a difference to your tummy area, I know it did for me. And keep up the exercise, especially weight training as it makes such a difference.

I've been eating in a deficit but its not working for me. I'm not trying to lose weight. I was eating in a deficit and following my workout plan and im actually gaining weight. I want to build muscle to lose the belly fat.
  • parrischristina
    parrischristina Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    You are built no differently than anyone else, genetics determine where and how we carry most of our fat. For us women usually the stomach, hips, upper thighs.

The same principle applies to everyone, for working on body consumption, you need to recomp, time and patience. No special diet, meet your minimum protein needs to support your training, make sure you consume enough dietary fat for hormone health etc, and let the carbs fall where they may.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1

I'm not saying that i need low-card or keto or one of those diets i mean should i be in a deficit? surplus? maintenance? I need to recomp and lose the belly fat by building muscle.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

I second this. The recomp thread is the best--look into it.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Loads of people are built just like you!
    You can't focus on fat on one part of your body - fat can't be exercised. Fat is just an energy store.

Assuming you think you will be happy at 128lbs with the body you wish for then eat at maintenance calories so your weight is relatively stable, train hard and effectively using a decent program, be patient and realistic.
  • suzyloveskoalas
    suzyloveskoalas Posts: 20 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I started with your same stats in Nov 2017, but with a lot of fat around my mid section and thighs. Look into Thinner, Leaner, Stronger the book and the 1 year workout plans. He’s got 3,4,and 5 day week workouts for you to choose from..it’s a progressive overload weight lifting program and it will do wonders for your composition. Although his TDEE calculators are on the low end, I’ve been eating between 1750-2200 calories per day and I’ve lost inches all over and gained strength. I only lift 4 days and do no more than 1.5hrs of HIIT/cardio a week. It’s done wonders and I stopped counting calories at this point because I’m so mindful of the quality of food that I’m eating to fuel my workouts. You can do it! I swear I felt like I was hearing my own voice when reading your post. Other programs you might want to check out are strong curves or stronglifts. Good luck!