VENT: I hate it when work derails my weight-loss progress :-(

Options
This is just a vent . . . My entire department is out of the office this week, so I have been flying solo, while trying to care for my sick kid, who is home from school on Winter Break, and a sick husband. Super, super stressful. I have been so good about getting to the gym five days a week since Christmas - I don't do anything too strenuous (walking, spinning, light weight training), but I haven't been able to get my fitness in regularly in the last two weeks. I have been able to stay within my calorie goals through accurate logging, so I guess I am still "on track". But I feel like crap because of the stress, and also because my food choices, while not over my calories, have been nutritionally awful. My team is back next week, my son is back to school (and is starting to feel better), so I hope I can get back to what I need to do fitness-wise.

VENT OVER :smile:

Replies

• Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Hey at least your staying on your calorie budget, go you! With all that I would probably be well over mine. So it sounds like you are actually doing pretty good for such a stressful time, Just get back to healthy eating and exercise when you can.
  • Merrycherryo
    Merrycherryo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Things will get better and you’ll be back to normal before you know it. Good luck!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Life.

At least you stuck to your calories. I can't.
  • Rockwoodcommalindsey
    Options
    Sounds like you need a little reminder how AWESOME you are!! Yay for you for putting other people in front of you and STILL sticking to your calorie budget
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Life is doing me no favours at the moment, but I maintained this week so I'll call it good!
  • Melonpaul
    Melonpaul Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    You're accomplishing something, you've stayed within your calories! I work two jobs and find it very hard to either find the time or the motivation in the small time that I have. But I will admit even doing 15 mins of dancing, cardio, lifting etc. makes me feel better than not doing anything and wishing I had. Also it doesn't have to be physical, you could meditate or do yoga, something for self care because you're important and you need to take care of yourself. I hope you have a great day!
  • JoAnna4731
    JoAnna4731 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Today was not much better than earlier in the week, but it's almost over. Thanks for the cheers and support - you're all doing great too!!
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    JoAnna4731 wrote: »
    Today was not much better than earlier in the week, but it's almost over. Thanks for the cheers and support - you're all doing great too!!

Hugs!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Adapt. Overcome.