Question for those that weigh themselves daily

Options
I weigh myself every morning and use happy scale to see the trend. Of course, my daily weight goes up-and-down, but is on a general downward trend. Wednesday is my official weigh-day where I update MFP and update my friends on IG. The problem is, I may have my very lowest weight on a Saturday and then my weight might go back up 3 pounds Wednesday. So my question for those that weigh every day, do you use your lowest weight of the week for the official loss or do you use the actual? Thanks!

Replies

• crazykatlady820
    crazykatlady820 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I just use whatever it says on Fridays because that's my official weigh in day.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Friday, high or low.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I never had an official "weigh-in day."
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Whatever you want to broadcast to your friends I guess. Reality or fiction?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    I don't have an official weigh in day. As long as your trend is downward that is the main thing :smile:
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    I just put in the actual weight on that weigh in day. Although of it's a sudden drop, I usually put yesterday's because I am a bit more sceptical of the sudden drops and would rather see the number a couple more times,
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    For "official" it's whatever the most recent morning weigh in was.
  • MrsPinterest34
    MrsPinterest34 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I don't really have an official weigh in day. I weigh myself daily just to see the normal changes but only log my lowest weight on MFP.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a weigh in day. Just recorded my weight daily (or whenever it was the lowest for motivation, lol).
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Do you have a schedule/routine? I'd pick a morning that follows a consistent 2-day routine.

My weekends are usually my longer training periods. I like to weigh myself Monday morning after Saturday/Sunday's long cardio (during which you flush out the system and sweat a lot) and larger recovery meals and rehydration. Plus, I'm always up early on Monday morning, so my amount of sleep is fairly constant.

It's not necessarily the lowest weight of the week, but due to regularity of routine with exercise, eating, and sleeping, it's the most consistently stable representation of actual weight changes.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I use my Friday trendweight from Libra, whether it's up or down for Instagram and my weigh in group entries. For MFP I leave it as the most recent lowest weight, save me double logging.
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I use my Monday weigh ins all the time. Not sure in the grand scheme of things it makes much a difference if you use the lowest of the week or just a day, since at the end of the day when we all go in the ground, we'll be what weight we'll be. I just do it because I know usually the weekends are rough for me as with kids things can get busy and we cheat on meals. So because of that, I could probably string a few weeks together where I make it look better than it is. But if you're looking across a long enough time frame, the average is going to come out so it's really not going to matter.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    I use a weekly average. One of the benefits of using software (or excel).
  • DevilsFan1
    DevilsFan1 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I average the total for the week and enter that number as my weight.