So bloated

Options
Hi guys I am seeking advice for how to cope with bloating. My tummy can be fine one day then look 20mths pregnant the next. I then feel yuck. Help! Any tips to help the bloat?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Gas bubbles?
  • ZephieC
    ZephieC Posts: 162 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    It really depends on the cause. My digestion isn't the greatest. To keep down on gas/bloat I try to avoid any fizzy drinks. I also rarely use straws as you swallow air along with your beverage. If you increase your fibre too quickly that can cause bloating. When my IBS acts up I make sure to only eat cooked veggies, nothing raw, no salad. If it happens a lot try and keep track of what you were eating. You might be sensitive to a particular food/ingredient. Sometimes too much artificial sweetener gets me too.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Certain foods cause bloating, drinking water helps.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Lots of carbonation???
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Simethicone (gas x) works wonders for bloating/gas
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I had this issue and after thousands of dollars spent on liver tests and gall bladder tests, I discovered a Frutose Malabsorption issue! I can't eat fructose - or fructans - in any shape or form.

So that includes 80% of all fruits (for some reason I'm ok with citrus and peaches...), most veggies have more fructose than glucose (I can eat broccoli and green beans and lettuces), but onions and garlic are killers for me because of the fructans. Oh, and did you know that wheat has fructans as well? *nods* Yep. I can only eat two pieces of bread about every other day....

So meat is very much at the forefront of my diet, with eggs, rice, and potatoes not far behind.