Scale up with new work out routine

Options
I started the 21 day fix on Monday for work outs. Following my calories to the T and man am I sore. This morning the scale is almost up a pound. Super disheartening and annoying! I am hoping this is due to my new workout routine and water retention?

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Yep, pretty normal. Weight fluctuations are very normal, and should be expected.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    DanniB423 wrote: »
    I started the 21 day fix on Monday for work outs. Following my calories to the T and man am I sore. This morning the scale is almost up a pound. Super disheartening and annoying! I am hoping this is due to my new workout routine and water retention?

Yep
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Yes - soreness is a sign of inflammation and with inflammation comes water weight.

You really need to work on your reaction to tiny weight fluctuations "super disheartening and annoying" isn't an appropriate response to "almost up a pound". Your self-worth and happiness really shouldn't be so easily dented!

Maintenance at goal weight will drive you crazy if you can't accept it's normal for your weight to fluctuate for all sorts of reasons.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss! But are you really saying that in 1.5 years you've never experienced a 1 lb fluctuation? That's astonishing!
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Congrats on your loss! But are you really saying that in 1.5 years you've never experienced a 1 lb fluctuation? That's astonishing!
    I only weigh in once a week. If I know I did everything right the entire week, then no. I haven’t. I haven’t had a week with perfect logging that I’ve gained. Going over calories and extremely high sodium, yes of course.
  • TheHobbit2017
    TheHobbit2017 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Keep at it. I’ve had months of losing not a pound but looking slimmer. I decided to not weight myself much. Decided to weigh myself randomly a week ago and 10 pounds were gone. Guess it just takes time when weight lifting is involved