Chocolate addiction...I seek refuge

Options
Hi, I love training etc, my lifelong issue is diet. MyFitnessPal is the best thing I've found to keep me on track. Chocolate/Sugar is my bete noir...

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
  • BadBear2000
    BadBear2000 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Tiny Dancer...This is the opposite of the support I came here for :(!
    But seriously that looks fantastic.
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    You couldn’t fit a little piece of chocolate into your daily intake? Is that you in the pic? Well done! Life’s short, eat some chocolate.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Surrender yourself to its luscious smoothness.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/2_broke_girls/s06/e08

Try a milky chai dusted with cocoa and the artificial sweetener of your choice.
  • BadBear2000
    Options
    Thank you, it is me. Not a day passes without chocolate as my diary will attest.
  • BadBear2000
    Options
    Jgnatca. 2 broke girls! Max rules.
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    See? I can make it fit. Thanks for the idea!

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    You realize the literary device of the bete noir is that the dude dies tragically happy.
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    Lol
  • BadBear2000
    Options
    You realize the literary device of the bete noir is that the dude dies tragically happy.

I believe the general accepted use is a person or thing that one intensely dislikes. Literally, black beast.
    I think we are both incorrect in this context as I was stretching it into the “bane of my life” even though I love it.
    However given I adore chocalate in both it’s food and feminine form I’m pretty sure I will indeed die tragically happy...
  • BadBear2000
    Options
    See? I can make it fit. Thanks for the idea!

After seeing it I just want more and wish I could cook :(
  • BadBear2000
    Options
    Hi, I love training etc, my lifelong issue is diet. MyFitnessPal is the best thing I've found to keep me on track. Chocolate/Sugar is my bete noir...

@BadBear2000 when I cut out added sugar and grains back in 2014 to manage my joint pain I got heavy into to chocolate. I will eat a 4 oz bar of Baker's 100% Cacao which is 720 calories some days but never less than half a bar. At first it was bitter but once my taste buds returned after eating no added sugar I really like the taste.

Now it was hellish for the first two weeks after going off of the sugar and all forms of all grains but since it has been great with my new WOE. I was glad I did not need to give up chocolate. Best of success in finding your own way of eating that works best for you.

Stop dieting to lose weight was key in my case. We want what we think about so I just had to change my way of thinking. :)

That’s very impressive. My house mate went through the same process dealing with joint issues. She only eats Cacao now.
    I’ve made adjustments to my diet as my mentality changed and everything you say is exactly correct.
    I guess there are times when we are ready to really hear something as opposed to listen and brush it off.
    I hope to progress more towards where you are.
  • Marjayhan
    Marjayhan Posts: 59 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I am a chocoholic and I really am addicted to it. And let me tell you restricting yourself from it will only make matters worse. I just end up snapping and binge eating. However I found these Rocky Rice bars, which are rice cakes
    in the shape of a bar with dark chocolate on it as a coating. It helps me get my fix and it only has 98 calories per bar! I have one a day as a treat and work it into my calorie allowance. It's actually been my saviour ! :)http://www.theskinnydoll.com/2015/08/rocky-rice.html
  • BadBear2000
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Marjayhan.

That’s really good advice, I’m def a binger. Right now I’m having two Cadbury’s dairymilk bars most days. If you’ve only had American chocalate you haven’t lived...:)
    But I’m keeping myself under my total allowed calories for weight loss every week.
    I’ll improve/change this as my taste and body changes, I’m 5 away from 245.
    I know it’s not the best way but it’s something I can actually do and make progress with.
  • Marjayhan
    Marjayhan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm in Ireland and I know all about the amazing chocolates out there haha I love love love Galaxy cookie crumble chocolates, anything by Thorntons and Lily O'Briens chocolates. Malteser bars are my weakness. Dreading the easter hahahaha :D
  • BadBear2000
    Options
    Yes, the very best of the best. I assume you’ll be stalked by Malteser bunnies jumping into your shopping basket on their own
  • ThinGoldLineNS
    ThinGoldLineNS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    The only time I was addicted to chocolate was when I was pregnant with my son. Around Easter, I couldn't seem to get enough chocolate bunnies! I believe one day I ate 6 of them. I was a little surprised I didn't develop gestational diabetes ;)
  • BadBear2000
    Options
    Once you get started on the chocolate bunnies there’s no stopping.. 6 is impressive though.
    It’s a lot better craving than eating coal while pregnant, although I hope that’s an urban myth :)
  • ThinGoldLineNS
    ThinGoldLineNS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Fortunately, I never experienced cravings for dirt....