What do you like to eat on your birthday?

Just wondering what you guys eat for a special occasion (e..g birthday). Are there any great healthy/semi-healthy ideas or non healthy but tasty ideas? I've never actually organised food for my own birthday since other people usually shout me. But this is what I had in my birthdays:

22nd: Had poptarts in the morning, then went to an event that night where there were lots of little sandwiches and cakes. Then I was taken to a super fancy restaurant where I ordered and only half ate a walnut and camembert salad thing.

21st: Went to Genghis and had lots of BBQ meat, pumpkin soup and pancakes! And the previous day went to Genghis Khan.

20th: That was 2011 February. I don't remember what I did!

19th: My bf took me to The Coffee Club and I had some chicken thing.

18th: Mum made me bacon and eggs with camembert. I had fruit tart and cheesecake from my favourite bakery. I got an extremely decadent chocolate mud cake from said bakery. That night, dad made a disgusting vegetable stir-fry lol. :ohwell:

17th: I think dad took me to our favourite Thai restaurant and I had Pad Thai (which I had every other week anyway).

15/16th: I think on both occasions my granddad took us out to a restaurant at Palm Beach. The fish and chips from there were excellent. The pasta had nothing beneath the garnish. The kiosk had amazing yogurt, as well as chocolate tarts!

14th: Had dinner at a local restaurant in the Snowy Mountains, Crackenback Lodge. I think I had some kind of lamb dish.

13th: Don't remember... May have had Chinese.

12th: Mum made a sponge cake for me and I was very disappointed because as a result, dad didn't buy me a cake I actually wanted.

11th: I think we went out for Thai or Chinese.

10th: Had my birthday at grandma's again. I got two cakes, a sponge and cream thing from grandma that I found too rich, and a fruit, custard and almond tart from mum.

9th: Had my birthday at my grandma's. She made lots of food, including a chicken curry and sandwiches.

Replies

• adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    alcohol and cake.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Cake.

And then more cake.

And maybe some more cake.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    You obviously have a nice family who love you.

I've seen photos of a fruit "birthday cake," fruit beautifully arranged in the shape of a cake. I would gladly take some of that.

Sweets, no thanks. I'm a total sugar addict.... if I eat a cookie, I want all the cookies. I'm better off not having any at all.

Why do birthdays always have to be about food? Why not something else that's fun?
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,000 Member
    Liquid 'nourishment'. Always good until the next morning. :wink:
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    I'm actually not celebrating my birthday this year though (which is next week), because I have a dissertation due the week after... saving the celebrations for once its in... but you better believe I'm gunna get all kinds of drunk after :drinker:

fixed.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Anything I want but an Italian hoagie and a boxed spice cake mix with lemon icing is the tradition. For our birthdays we didn't get presents or parties but we did get to have whatever we wanted for dinner and my mom would bake us the flavor cake we asked for. Since money was tight, take out food was a real treat for us back then and I picked the spice cake because my older sisters hated it. :bigsmile: So yeah, hoagies and spice cake just for the good memories it brings back.