a month of NSVs!

Options
sarahrbraun
sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
As the title suggests, it feels like the last month has been full of NSVs.

I had a few ladies at the gym who I am friendly with and chat with on a regular basis stop me and tell me that I was looking even happier and healthier than usual, that my skin has a healthy glow.

I had another lady, who I know by sight, but don't chat with, stop to talk to me one day during my post workout stretch. She told me she had noticed how hard I was working with my trainer...that she thinks he is training me like he would a man...but that it is WORKING and she can see the difference. That she can see where my body is tighter.

Then I had an 18 year old staff member proposition me. I am obese and more than twice his age.

This morning I went to see a business associate. he hasn't seen me in about 2 weeks. The first thing out of his mouth was "wow! you look great!" then a minute later he made a joke about me looking so good I even made HIM drool...he happens to be gay ;)

I've also noticed, and it could just be that I am a regular in the free weight area...but more and more often I am getting smiles, nods, and occasional comment between sets from the guys in the free weight area. Actually, anywhere in the gym.

Replies

• bms34b
    bms34b Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    That's all great! Congratulations!
  • Scubanana7
    Scubanana7 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Awesome. I am INSANELY jealous right now. As I have 'watched' your journey, you have pushed me to do more and more weights. I had already decided that I was really going to concentrate on doing more weight stuff after I get these last 30-40 pounds off. I am so happy for you...and annoyed with my back diagnosis. I think that will not allow me to do what I wanted. Life just keeps tossing those curves!

And YOU keep tossing those weights!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Awesome. I am INSANELY jealous right now. As I have 'watched' your journey, you have pushed me to do more and more weights. I had already decided that I was really going to concentrate on doing more weight stuff after I get these last 30-40 pounds off. I am so happy for you...and annoyed with my back diagnosis. I think that will not allow me to do what I wanted. Life just keeps tossing those curves!

And YOU keep tossing those weights!

If anyone can overcome it Scuba, it is YOU.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!