10 pounds in 2 weeks?

I had been very restrictive with my calories for months and would only ever eat very healthy foods. Im a 5' 5" woman and my weight had gotten down to 108 which may have been a little too light. Then two weeks ago something just changed in my mindset and I have literally been gorging on food every single night for the past two weeks. Probably over 4000+ every night until it is physically painful to lie down. I got on the scale tonight and I have gained 10 pounds since two weeks ago. I also look super bloated/fat around my hips/belly/thighs. I know that 3500 calories makes a pound, so i'm guessing it is possible for it all to be fat? Is there a possibility of some of it being water retention and undigested food? How much would be actual fat gain?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    You reached underweight at 108 pounds, and what you experienced, was rebound overeating, which is common even after moderate restriction and while still being overweight.

If 3500 calories is a pound of fat, which it is, then any weight beyond what you would expect to gain, is "water weight".
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,241 Member
    edited February 2018
    I had been very restrictive with my calories for months and would only ever eat very healthy foods. Im a 5' 5" woman and my weight had gotten down to 108 which may have been a little too light. Then two weeks ago something just changed in my mindset and I have literally been gorging on food every single night for the past two weeks. Probably over 4000+ every night until it is physically painful to lie down. I got on the scale tonight and I have gained 10 pounds since two weeks ago. I also look super bloated/fat around my hips/belly/thighs. I know that 3500 calories makes a pound, so i'm guessing it is possible for it all to be fat? Is there a possibility of some of it being water retention and undigested food? How much would be actual fat gain?

Yes, there is a possibility.

No one here could know how much you ate therefore how much actual fat is.

I would guess that 2 of them are water weight and poo.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    Yes of course some of it is water weight bloat. Ease up on the bingeing for a few days and see where your body settles. Use this as a learning experience that you should probably be eating more calories on a regular basis.