Intermediate fasting please help!!!

Options
Ok so I wanted to do the 16:8 where I fast for 16 hours with an 8 hour window my question is can I still do it today if my last meal was at 2am and I have my next at 6pm? Is that too late? I ate really bad yesterday and I olive fasting the next day only problem is I ate really bad early in the am.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    It’s fine. Like your other threads...just stay within your calorie limit. Whether it’s for the day, or a weekly average. Intermittent fasting isn’t magic. It’s just a way to help some people control the amount of calories they are consuming.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You can eat in any schedule you want. If you want to lose weight, you have to not eat above your maintenance level, but you can average your calories out per week. Your body doesn't care.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Eat at the time you normally would and stay within your calories. If you ate later then normal, or start earlier then normal it's not a big deal. From what I've read on IF it's more of a guideline of when to eat. It's not supposed to be rigid. It just helps you manage your calorie intake.