I’ve gained 35 lbs in a few months and I need help

Options
I used to eat 1500 calories a day to lose weight, then over the past four months, I’ve just gained so much weight and I’ve been to the doctor, they said all I have is a vitamin d deficiency. My calorie count is 1000 now and I’m scared that if I eat more, I’ll just gain more weight. I’m 5’4 by the way. Please, any tips?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Were you eating 1500 calories while you were gaining? Were you counting everything as accurately as possible (food scale)? Is your doctor okay with you eating 1000 calories (minimum should be 1200)?
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    What is your current weight?

Your food diary is locked so we can’t see how accurately you’re logging. Usually when you gain weight on a low number of calories it’s because your logging is poor and you’re eating way more than you think. Did you log everything that went in your mouth, including drinks?
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    remmus102 wrote: »
    I used to eat 1500 calories a day to lose weight, then over the past four months, I’ve just gained so much weight and I’ve been to the doctor, they said all I have is a vitamin d deficiency. My calorie count is 1000 now and I’m scared that if I eat more, I’ll just gain more weight. I’m 5’4 by the way. Please, any tips?

Weigh all solid foods on a digital food scale
    Measure all liquids in a measuring jug

Write down every teeny thing that you consume EVERYTHING

Most weightloss stalls as we eye ball food tbh
    It’s amazing how many calories are in just a small portion of say cereal

• Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options

My tip is to tell your doctor about these fears. Gaining so much weight in such a short time and then having these irrational fears sounds like an eating disorder to me.
    (Science tells us that you can't gain fat on 1000cals per day - hence "irrational")

Why did you gain so rapidly? How did it happen?