New to Keto, the PNW and feeling so good!

Options
This is day 9 for me. It has been surprisingly easy. Far easier than I anticipated. My wonderful husband is along for the ride. We have both had incredible results, already, and we're feeling fantastic!

Is it normal to be so calm and happy on Keto? Wow! I know it's early days, but I can't help wishing I'd stumbled upon this way of eating sooner.

Replies

• jmkmom
    jmkmom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am also in the PNW, and really enjoy this way of eating. I started in Dec. then family happened, and went off for a while. Been back on since the end of January and have lost 10 more.
  • Eastyorkian
    Eastyorkian Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Sorry to hear about the family issues knocking you off course. Congratulations on the 10 lbs.! Family...*sigh*...nothing more needs saying. Been there. I'm new to the area. Everyone near and dear to me lives back East. I don't have the daily challenge of coping with them, but I do struggle with homesickness and missing them. It's tough.

But I cannot believe how much calmer I feel. It's bordering on surreal. First time in my life that cravings are not driving me up the wall!
  • dmcnur
    dmcnur Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am loving Keto. I have been eating extremely low carb, moderate protein and high fat since November 1 last year. Weight loss to date 19.2kg. I do not get food cravings, my alcohol consumption has dropped to almost zero. I feel great mentally, emotionally and physically.
  • sgtx81
    sgtx81 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Keto is the bomb diggity, as long as you're not working out too much. I lost like 70 pounds in three months on it, but once I got to 45 minutes a day of working out I stalled for three solid weeks after losing up to a pound a day. I took a diet break for two weeks, and my weight started going down again after the diet break, but I also went off of keto, because I want to start putting on muscle and apparently you need plenty of carbs to maximize muscle gains. I do miss that mental clarity and all the extra energy... at the moment I have been drinking monster energy zero ultra's to get it back. Keto worked like a charm for me.
  • Eastyorkian
    Eastyorkian Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey, thanks for the responses! Congratulations on everyone's success. I'm mid-way through week 2 and down 11 lbs. I was craving salt yesterday and snacked on bacon. I've never had bacon as a snack before in my life! I could get used to this. Thanks for the info regarding working out. I usually run 3-4 times a week, but I haven't since starting this. Just doing my usual errands and such, and yet, the weight is coming off. Sleeping really well, too.