Macros or count calories

Options
I’m a 5’ 5 female that weights (now at my heaviest) 150pounds. I just started lifting weights 2xs a week and fasted cardio for three. My diet is my biggest struggle. I don’t want to totally restrict myself because my husband and I do date night once a week where we will drink cocktails and eat at a local resturant. Just don’t know how to fit all this in to make it work for my goals. I want to burn fat and maintain muscle I’m building, and do this with still going out one night a week to indulge. Is macros better for this? Intermittent fasting? Or counting calories? I’m not sure.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Set MFP to lose 0.5lb per week, you should be able to fit pretty much whatever you want into your weekly cals. Do some cardio before date night!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Calories are made up of macro(nutrient)s. Intermittent fasting is timing your food intake in one of several preset ways. If you want to lose weight, you just have to eat a little less. The beat way is the way you can keep doing. You're barely overweight, so small tweaks and patience should be your best friends in this :)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Counting macros is pretty much counting calories, and intermittent fasting doesn't guarantee you're in a deficit if you aren't also counting calories